Back in the swing of things

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
The Ranger will give you around 6" on the beach about 4" on dry land most of the time. But in the wet sand, their just too bothersome. HH! Chris

B

BIG BAD JOHN

Not true. My friend here in Mississippi hunts with a Time Ranger (essentially a Land Ranger with Blanker and Sniff features added) and he routinely pulls coins from as deep as 12" - 14". Smaller coins like dimes, etc. can be pulled from as deep as 8". I don't know where all of the negative hype comes from regarding the BH machines. They are affordably priced and work as well as most other units out there. Take time to learn the machine and you'll be just as successful as those who've spent much more money. If you want loads of helpful information with no brand bashing of any kind, please go to the BH forum at www.detecting.com and click on the bulletin board link. Good luck with your new Bounty Hunter! BBJ

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
As with any machine I would say that is more opperator than detector. When I used my Whites Eagle
I had several friends who just could'nt figure it out. I took the time to learn the detector. I think my friend Billy could find gold at 12" with an old Micronta. HH! Chris

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I have only been detecting for a few months now, but I have found about as many goodies with my Radio Shack unit, it's basically a Bounty Hunter itself, as I have when borrowing a good brand name detector...
Not all Goodies are deep!!!, is something I'm learning real quick...
Happy Hunting~

OP
OP
A

austin552

Thanks guys for the input.
Well it came. I took it out back and fired her up. Found a 1992 penny and some nails. Keeping the cent for luck.
Anyone using rechargeables? The book says no but bats are high... :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread