Back in the water again

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Hi everyone well after about 6 weeks i finally got to get back to water detecting, my Excalibur had to by fixed by Minelab that took a month then i ordered a straight shaft from the U.S.A also for the Excalibur and that took 2 weeks.
You would not believe the improvement the straight shaft has made, its a pleasure to use the Excalibur now, you would think Minelab would wake up and fit them to the Excaliburs instead of the one they are using now.

The weather here isn't the best for the water but i was itching to try the new shaft so i went to a beach south of here which is sheltered against the SW winds wasn't bad though the tide was the highest that i had seen for a while stayed for a few hrs and found the following. 2 Sterling silver rings both with stones in them 1 9ct gold with diamond {i hope } $9.70 which paid for the fuel and a few sinkers.
The first target i got was the broad silver ring, and as i was getting out i found the 9ct gold one. It looks like it was my day.

Raoul

Attachments

• Ocean 11.4.06 (600 x 450).jpg
    Ocean 11.4.06 (600 x 450).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Great finds had to send my dfx to whites once took 9 days to get it back from the day I sent it. If it would have taken a month I would have been P!$$3) off bad.

OP
OP
Raoul

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Monty i don't know the exact temperature,but i can tell you the water is warm as i only use shorts and T shirt and normally stay for 2,3 hrs in the water.

;) Raoul

Attachments

• Cottesloe beach 2 (600 x 450).jpg
    Cottesloe beach 2 (600 x 450).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 204
L

lostandfound

Awsome finds my friend, I am saving my money and plan on taking some treasure hunting trips.

Randy

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOps! I just realized you are in Australia. Your seasons are just the opposite as ours and we are just going into spring! Thanks. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread