Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out with Ironhorse for our first Fall hunt yesterday, and nothing too over the top but a good warm up!

Coins are...

1887 Victoria Large Cent
1830 Lower Canada Halfpenny
2 1815 Halifax Halfpenny tokens (NS-10B)
1815 Miles White Halifax Halfpenny token
1812 Lower Canada One Penny token
1805 Irish Hibernia Halfpenny
1770s/80s George III Irish Halfpenny
1740-1754 George II British Halfpenny.

Attachments

• cccc1.jpg
    cccc1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 101
  • ccc2.jpg
    ccc2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Upvote 12

Craftbunny

Greenie
Jul 7, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!Not too over the top?Those are beautiful coins.I would probably pass out if I ever find a copper.Good hunt.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
All on all it was a very decent day, good conditions in the fields, favourable weather, and finds!

A great warm up for the roll we are going to be on!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All on all it was a very decent day, good conditions in the fields, favourable weather, and finds!

A great warm up for the roll we are going to be on!

Got the next plan... the two sites where we talked to the kid on the tractor. And the one just East of the there which is the next field over from the cold windy day we hunted. So those three to start, but will have more in reserve just in case... because as you know every once in a while we have to try more than one field in a day!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, every coin you found (minus the Vicky), would beat my oldest coin find. If that's a warm up, I can't wait to see what's next!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, every coin you found (minus the Vicky), would beat my oldest coin find. If that's a warm up, I can't wait to see what's next!

I'm much more about quality than quantity so my more impressive next, when it comes, will most likely be a single item unless it was a really good day! I also like to dig things I have not found before and I believe I have dug all of those... except for maybe the Miles White Halifax token. I don't recall it, but in the same or worse condition I likely wouldn't remember.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm much more about quality than quantity so my more impressive next, when it comes, will most likely be a single item unless it was a really good day! I also like to dig things I have not found before and I believe I have dug all of those... except for maybe the Miles White Halifax token. I don't recall it, but in the same or worse condition I likely wouldn't remember.

I'm with you IP, quality over quantity is I'm looking for too. One of my goals is 50 silver coins for my season every year. I made that goal again last year, but exactly half of those silver coins were Roosevelt/ElizabethII/GeorgeVI. Silver, but not that thrilling.

This year I said screw it, I'd rather not meet the goal but have the ones I do find be better. Well my season is almost over, I haven't found 50 silvers, but I do have more "old" ones than last year. This also led me to better sites where I have found some of my best relics to date.

While I certainly don't have the history like you guys out east, or across the pond like Cru, you guys have inspired me to find the oldest things that I can.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice warm up I'd say, nor wonder there's no old coinage in Ont. it was all lost on the Eastern shores. :) Best of luck on the next field hunts.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great little warm up buddy. Those are the fun hunts that keep us going until we have that special day that we remember forever. Hope you get that killer find soon my friend

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great little warm up buddy. Those are the fun hunts that keep us going until we have that special day that we remember forever. Hope you get that killer find soon my friend

Ironhorse says we're hitting the jets, so look out. 8-)

Damn I wish it was as easy as it was 10-15 years ago!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good batch of finds, Love the fall weather / temps.
Got a couple of those lead "key" things in your first pic. what in the heck are they ?...if you know

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great digs iron patch you are a modest hunter ! That is one fine hunt you are tuned in great batch of coins HH gl

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs iron patch you are a modest hunter ! That is one fine hunt you are tuned in great batch of coins HH gl

Was fun... just keep in mind this is the 15th straight year we've been doing this so we strive for a little better than crusty coppers, but do gladly accept what we get!

S

swingbeepdig

As for me I could care less on what I'm digging until it become modern stuff and clad then I abandoned the sites.

Coinsniffa

May 21, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like that site kept you busy!! Very productive hunt!:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread