Back @ the Amphitheater - Lots of digging!!!

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the Amphitheater that was built in 1970. I haven't had much luck here... a few junk jewelry items and a pager the last time.

The struggle to find gold continues...

IMG_1385.JPG

I was about to call it quits and dug 8 pieces of a bracelet under a bench. It's funny how any kind of jewelry can send you into overdrive, went on to hunt another hour or two.

IMG_1384.JPG

Had fun, got my exercise, and fresh air!

Need some advice.... throw in the towel at this place? more selective? I have a hard time walking over tabs, for some reason they all sound good to me.

Thanks & HH

Upvote 2

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck I would not throw in the towel at that place, fish that place clean. The more grounds you cover the better your chances are, then combine that with a high traffic location and the odds get a little better. You could always switch it up some and go hit some beaches, parks, play ground or sports areas. But do not cross it off your list.

OP
OP
TRanegar36

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
22.jpg
33.jpg
44.jpg

To give you guys an idea...

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Some good hills going down to that side walk. did you check on the down slope near the side walks. Just asking because I would check there, also in the area where the groups get ready and prep for whatever show is happening too.

OP
OP
TRanegar36

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some good hills going down to that side walk. did you check on the down slope near the side walks. Just asking because I would check there, also in the area where the groups get ready and prep for whatever show is happening too.

I've been mainly working the top and bottom of the hill, anywhere with a good viewing point and a flat spot to prop a chair. Also, around the benches and the center area between the sidewalk and the stage.

Going to take your word on working the down slope. There's also a lake in the background of the 2nd picture... I worked the shore briefly about a month ago and found a bunch of sinkers, pull tabs, and a few coins.

Thanks for your input Oddjob, I really appreciate it!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just my thought, that grass looks cut very short and is thin. Also the dirt looks pretty hard. A good rain would push things down that hill leaving the side walk to catch it before it sank.

Heck I would treat it like a beach and MD the low sunk in spots first between the hill and side walk where the water would pool up the fastest. Also around the benches and pavilions, that large cement pad and if there are any grill areas around that as well. The lake shore if people swim in it then hunt were they would have laid out or set up beach side camp.

Just my thoughts, I would not give up on the place, she will put out at least one gold I bet and some silver. A place that pretty surely has to give up something worth posting to us. Like a big fat silver Tuba mouth piece from that band. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread