Back to back hunts with Indian spills!!!!

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been trying to get back out again a few more times, we got down to 4 degrees a few days ago, but its been back to the 40`s for a few days so I had to get
back out start swinging again.

I went over to a small town I hadn`t tried yet and got a couple permissions, the first was a bust except for a 1934 dog tag, my oldest one yet! The next place
was an 1888 house so I was hoping for at least a silver.

After swinging for about 20 minutes I got a real jumpy signal between 20-27, it wouldn`t give a steady number, but it kept repeating so I thought I should dig
it. Glad I did as it turned out to be a 1905 Indian! It took over an hour and the far side of the yard until I got another good hit, this time it was pretty steady
23-25 so I was thinking maybe a wheatie or a clad dime.

Once I got the plug out two coins rolled out, a 1910 and 1911 wheats that were stuck together, that was neat! after rechecking the hole I had another tone and dug around a bit and out came a 1896 Indian! after re-checking the hole again I got another signal and when I scooped out some more dirt another coin flipped out, once I cleaned it off I could see it was another 1896 Indian!!

It got dark pretty quick after that, but I sure couldn`t complain about my day other that not being able to dig a few signals because of frozen ground.

Today I got back over to the town with the two farms I had good luck with the last couple weeks and was able to door knock another old house

After talking to the guy, he said someone had detected it last year and found a couple buttons, I asked him if he minded me giving it a try and he said go
ahead! This house was built in 1899 and had a really old looking sidewalk that was nearly grown over by the lawn, I started swinging and made five passes
on the one side with the only signal turning out to be a modern nickel.

When I switched over to the other side on the second pass I got a really lousy signal that was bouncing between 20-28, but once again it repeated so I dug
it and once I got down to it I pulled it out and wiped it off and saw I had an 1900 Indian! Now that's what I `m looking for, I maybe swung another twenty
feet and got a solid 20, so I was thinking Indian again. This time I was right and it was a 1901 Indian!

I finished that row and was starting the next and got another solid 20, out pops a 1902 Indian this time! Then it slowed down and I just got clad change here
and there for the next 45 mins or so. I looked at my watch and saw I had about 30 mins before I had to head home and get ready for work, so I figured what the
hey, I`ll make a couple more passes on the other side of the yard where I had nothing but the nickel before.

This turned out to be a great decision as on the first pass I got another solid 20 and this time I pull out another 1900 Indian! At this time I am seriously thinking
about calling into work, I don`t want to stop. This time I didn`t have to wait much longer, once again I finished the row,started the next and bang, I get a
20-22 signal, I don`t know what to think other than its solid and needs to be dug.

This time I flip the plug out and see a greenish coin right on top and I`m thinking Indian right away, and am right, this time its a 1895 Indian! when I recheck the hole nothing this time but when I check the plug I see another rim sticking out, after plucking it out I clean it off and see a 1884 Indian!!!

Wow!! a six Indian day in less than two hours, it don`t get any better than that! That gives me 33 FTY, cool.

20191120_011254.jpg 20191120_011408.jpg 20191120_011052.jpg 20191120_010754.jpg 20191119_120338.jpg

Upvote 37

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you killed it with this hunt. 6 Indians....that's absolutely awesome. Congrats!

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I love the excitement of finding an IHP they are tough to find because they aren't always super nice signals. Thanks for the story!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am trying to remember if I have ever found two Indians in a single hunt. You killed it.

MSpeiser

Nov 5, 2019
NW Ohio
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very good hunt. Good thing you recheck your holes!
Congratulations

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great read good job digging up that tribe . Sounds like alot of old ground to pound keep rippin my friend

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! Super hunting - Congratulations!!!:hello2:

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good hunt and the ground is soo nice to those coins

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Finds!
My IH spill was two coins.
It was a thrill, huh?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I haven't found one IHP spill. But I'm lookin.:laughing7: Congratulations :icon_thumright:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a whole lot of nice looking copper- Congrats!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a Great hunt! Those are some fine looking IH's. Always exciting to me to find. In fact, the fist coin I found with the first hunt with my very first (cheapo) detector was an Indian Head! You brought back great memories! :thumbsup:

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Holy cats! 6 indians in less than two hours and in MN no less? I'm going to be in Eagan teaching a class in a couple weeks. Unfortunately I won't have free time during daylight hours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions