Back To Detecting After Many Years

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everybody,
I have been messing around with metal detectors off and on since I was 10 yrs old(48 yrs old now). Had many detectors over the years but got out of metal detecting and sold everything about 10 yrs ago.
It seems metal detecting is something you don't truly get out of your system though. I just bought a new Makro Multi Kruzer but unfortunately it has problems out of the box. So I'm on the forum for the moment with troubles!

I hope to learn some things here, as we all should keep out minds open to learning no matter how much we *think* we know, LOL.
A bit of an odd bird at times, and yet to find one detector I was ever truly happy with or felt like it was worth the asking price. My main thing is testing, testing, and more testing. Learning the ins and outs of machines, how well they are built, their durability over time, and of course how well the support is if you have a problem.
So, looking forward to being here.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome RobNC and yes once a detectorist somehow the blood in ones veins changes so detecting is always there. Good vibes to you that the new machine will be up and working quickly and that it will do all that you'd hoped for and that you will be off swinging soon. There are folks on Tnet that own every machine out there so between the dealer you purchased from, the company that made the machine and the inputs form members here on Tnet you should get it all sorted out.............63bkpkr

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to middle Georgia from a former Tarheel (Masonboro Sound and Wrightsville Beach). Same happened to me. Got out for a while. I just bought the Nox 800 and found an almost new Tesoro Mojave for backup for a couple hundred. Was gonna try to learn both, but after a DUI crash that killed my parents and severely injured my daughter and her husband a few weeks ago, I don't have the time in the forseeable future. Will probably sell the new (15 minute old) Equinox for $800 and just learn the Mojave if I have time for now to distract and take my mind off the s**t sandwich we're handling. That being said, the ability of older, proven tech is what I'll spend my time on for now. The Nox will be around for a long time from what i'm seeing. It's paid for, but I don't like having something sitting around with a rechargeable battery sitting dormant. Glad to have you here and hope to see lots of posts from you in the days ahead!!

Lunch Bag

Dec 23, 2018
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dragonscout -

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

OP
OP
RobNC

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm so sorry for the losses you have suffered. I wish the best for you and your family. Hang in there.

Welcome to middle Georgia from a former Tarheel (Masonboro Sound and Wrightsville Beach). Same happened to me. Got out for a while. I just bought the Nox 800 and found an almost new Tesoro Mojave for backup for a couple hundred. Was gonna try to learn both, but after a DUI crash that killed my parents and severely injured my daughter and her husband a few weeks ago, I don't have the time in the forseeable future. Will probably sell the new (15 minute old) Equinox for $800 and just learn the Mojave if I have time for now to distract and take my mind off the s**t sandwich we're handling. That being said, the ability of older, proven tech is what I'll spend my time on for now. The Nox will be around for a long time from what i'm seeing. It's paid for, but I don't like having something sitting around with a rechargeable battery sitting dormant. Glad to have you here and hope to see lots of posts from you in the days ahead!!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan :occasion14: :headbang:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry to hear that hang in there!!!!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome back to the forum! :occasion14:

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Corsicana, Texas!

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana..."D"

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome back and good luck.

Carolina Tom