New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got back from Outer Banks NC yesterday, while I was down there I didn't hunt much, made up for it today. I was back at my lake, at my treasure island (not quite as old as Abe's) 1944 Washington Quarter, 1941 S Merc, 1943 S Merc, 1961 D Roise and a religious medalian that says, "I am a Presbyterian" "sterling" "SaRu"

Enjoy the pix, HH & GL
Brad

I'll post the cleaned up stuff later!

Here are the cleaned finds.

Here is the cleaned up bracelet

Attachments

• SAM_0757.JPG
    SAM_0757.JPG
    520.4 KB · Views: 125
  • SAM_0758.JPG
    SAM_0758.JPG
    514.2 KB · Views: 113
  • SAM_0759.JPG
    SAM_0759.JPG
    481.1 KB · Views: 81
  • SAM_0761.JPG
    SAM_0761.JPG
    415.8 KB · Views: 84
  • SAM_0764.JPG
    SAM_0764.JPG
    328.3 KB · Views: 85
  • SAM_0763.JPG
    SAM_0763.JPG
    272.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20140831_160703.jpg
    IMG_20140831_160703.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 95
  • SAM_0765.JPG
    SAM_0765.JPG
    290.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Upvote 15

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a flounder under my bare foot down in Oracoke NC Wed. while I was walking around on the flats claming! Freaked me out! Kept seeing stingrays and thought I stepped on one of them!

Did you walk/run on water? Lol. I probably would have! Tell us more about that pirate island you visited. Were you able to detect on it or no?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver haul! Congrats!

I'm going to have to get a water detector for summer so I can get in the water too, and cool off!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, I like em zapped too! They're silver, let them shine!! For my own curiosity are you wading in the water and using a scoop to pick up your finds? Or are you diving or snorkeling?
Different depths, up to neck deep, using a scoop.

Did you walk/run on water? Lol. I probably would have! Tell us more about that pirate island you visited. Were you able to detect on it or no?
I jumped a little and made a loud noise like a man, unlike my sons girlfriend who screamed like a girl when she stepped on the same flounder.
The area where I was at, there is a fort, on Beacon Island, Ocracoke Fort, Civil War, Supposedly it is under water? The weather did not cooperate allowing me time to search for that "pirate island" you called it. The island I was staying on is Oracoke Island and was where they killed Blackbeard. The legend says that they beheaded him and his body jumped in the water and swam circles around the ship they were on 15 times! Oracoke Island is part of the National Seashore, metal detecting is not allowed. I knew of areas, including Fort Ocracoke that is not part of the National Park system. Just did not have time to go where I wanted.

Nice silver haul! Congrats!

I'm going to have to get a water detector for summer so I can get in the water too, and cool off!
I'm going to hit that lake very hard this coming week, temps are supposed to be in the 90's I still have acres to do there. I love my AT Pro! I was alternating in the water depth as to where I was hunting, ankle deep to neck deep, back and forth, just to stay cool. I love water hunting, I had to deal with the heat all my life while working on the roof, this is like heaven, working in the water!

Thanks all you guys for your nice comments!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds Treb. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread