Back to the 1949 school

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I never though I'd get tired of finding pennies but I found another bunch of them. You can't go 2 foot without getting a hit on one and y DSC04837.JPG ou don't cover much ground. The ones from yesterday were from 1960 to 1985. Most were in the 70'S. I found out why there are so many pennies all over the place today. While I was out a fella who used to teach there stopped over and said: Are finding a bunch of pennies? Yep! He went on to tell that the kids used to throw them out the second story window as a game. To see who could get them to stay on the sidewalk. Didn't post the junk this usaul pop tabs, pencil erasers and tire weight. 38 pennies, 4dimes, 4 nickles and 2 quarters.

Upvote 7
OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 wheatie 1955 after the clean up.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a spot like that, we nick named it the pennyhouse, Its a shame, house was built in 1778, was a tavern, hotel and allot of other things over the years. The place was hit hard years back and was extensively landscaped. The owner previously to the one I got permission from used to throw pennies out for his grand-kids to find. Wish they were silver dollars!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread