Back to the coins again

stupot

Jun 21, 2008
More wind was forecast this last week in our part of England. Had a look about locally to see if there was anything moving, surprisingly there wasn't enough for me to make a special effort. The last spot I checked was still partially sanded in but was less overall. Left it until Friday went back in the morning and there was a much bigger loss of sand. Unable to go until the Saturday morning and got stuck in on the best spot. About fifty yards of eroded shoreline at the base of the wall full of junk from all the repairs. A photo of the bay normally and a closeup of the wall base stripped is shown. Plenty of coins and scrap bits in amongst the piles of iron & other junk. Several pounds of non ferrous scrap & 80 odd coins but only 2 silver, a 1923 Florin and a 1929 shilling. A find of a silver ring in situ was my favourite surface find of the day. There were many coins on the top mostly older coins including an Indian cent. Picture of surface coins a copper halfpenny & silver shilling undetectable due to all the ironwork surrounding it. If only the lower reaches of the shore would open up to the same degree there would be rings a plenty! Another trip planned to this spot next tide to mop up any leftovers.

Attachments

• Bay.jpg
    Bay.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Wall Base.jpg
    Wall Base.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Coins&Iron.jpg
    Coins&Iron.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Day1.jpg
    Day1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Silver ring.jpg
    Silver ring.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 13
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A very nice haul, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread