SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Started early today with my buddy Matt at 7am to a local spot Ive been researching. Found 3 out of 3 cellar wholes we were looking for deep in the woods. Old pontilled? glass, bricks, and oyster shells all over. Problem is, its still to hot theres a million ticks and very little area to detect with all the brambles. The cuts on my arms prove it :tongue3: So we hit a small field near the foundations and found a few goodies. Matt got his first 3 cent piece that looked like it was in a fire and bent, he tried to unbend it and it snapped in half :laughing9:Poor guy.

Got done at 12 there and I swore I would go to my tired and beaten colonial field with my new machine so I could see just how deep and good it really is :icon_pirat:. I didn't expect to find anything honestly but I was suprised when my first signal was this cut George. Followed by 3 buttons one of which is a beautiful tombac with design. The other is a not so nice tombac, and the other is a rolled up like a cigar large english button. Also found a teeny tiny cufflinkat some depth. This machine(T2LTD) Is just amazing me everywhere I take it. Hope you enjoy the photos it was a long day, still picking pinhead sized ticks off of me.
P9050556.jpg

P9050557.jpg

P9050558.jpg

Upvote 0

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds for sure! The tombac is a beauty!

Wish I could have made it. It sure beat back to school shopping with the family!

I know what you mean about rushing the season. I tried to hit my button site last week and was limited to overgrown paths. I still scored a few buttons, but it was hardly worth the effort. How deep were the finds?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Guys, the fever officially has us all! I too, was out today with my buddy Ryan to the old church in Philly. I dug a ton of wheats and enough clad to fill a piggybank. My friend dug 2 buttons and a lead seal. Nothing too old but at least I got to scratch the itch.

Jim, congrats on your success with that new machine. Cant wait to get out to some colonial sites soon with you guys!

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
super nice colonial goodies!

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys, Neil everything was fairly deep. The tombacs sounded like crap though as usual. Took me forever to find em with the pro pointer.

CHIEF0322

Greenie
Dec 1, 2010
sicklerville,New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really excited about these sites in the fall bro..much potential. Sweet flat button by the way and i cant wait to get back out with my new machine!oh yea!

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
Nice finds!! :icon_thumright: I found the same star pattern button but yours is nicer! :thumbsup:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
CHIEF0322 said:
Really excited about these sites in the fall bro..much potential. Sweet flat button by the way and i cant wait to get back out with my new machine!oh yea!

Yo, Chief! Get rid of the Ace 250 on your profile! (I will give you $100 bucks for it)

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am glad to see your machine producing great Colonial artifacts. Fall will be here soon, Jim! We will all be digging like Colonial freaks. ;D

Kirk :hello:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I sold my stock Ace 150 on South Jersey CL for $115 so I'm sure someone will buy it no problem.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds Jim :icon_thumleft:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice hunt Jim! sweet lookin tombac! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread