Back to the farm fields of Lenoir Co. N.C. today

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a cotton field that belongs to my buddy Tony's cousin. We were looking for an old home site from the 1700's that is some where on the property. I'ts a huge field, and after 5 hrs. of hunting, didn't come up with much. There is another adjoining field that is planted with wheat right now, and we are starting to think that it could possibly be there. Anyways, A typical field hunt. I ended up with a clad dime, some melted lead and brass, a blue bell overalls button, a valve from an engine, a beat up musket ball, and some pottery shards that I picked up out of the field. And,oh yeah, I eyeballed some Quartz flakes out there. I start thinking arrowheads! Didn't find any, but there is evidence! Thanks for looking, Bryant 1-31-15 001.JPG 1-31-15 002.JPG 1-31-15 003.JPG 1-31-15 004.JPG

Upvote 3

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
I was born and raised in Kinston. Moved away in 1985 when I went to college. Used to MD in the late 70's with my fathers Whites machine but was too young to take it serious. You should keep at it - something good has to turn up.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was born and raised in Kinston. Moved away in 1985 when I went to college. Used to MD in the late 70's with my fathers Whites machine but was too young to take it serious. You should keep at it - something good has to turn up.

A lot of history in Kinston. We actually hunted Deep Run today. Used to spend a lot of time in the late '80s at Wyse fork, Man those were good times!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread