Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got back to the colonial yard I found the Barber Quarter and thimble yesterday...This time the owner let the dog in and allowed me to do the opposite side of the house. Once again the wheaties started poppin like corn...but finnaly got a nice deep quarter signal and out pops this holed colonial. I'm pretty sure it's a KG of some sort, but both sides are smooth as a babies behind. So I covered my hole got up and swung maybe 10 ft and got another deepish copper signal.....5 inches down laid this 1856 Largie. (INCASED IN LIME GREEN). So i'm happy as can be now. The next hour was pretty frustrating, the side yard must have been where they threw the majority of their garbage....but inbetween the trash I squeeked out the 1890 Vnickle and 1907 IH. However, the highlight of the hunt was the last 10 minutes....I got a nice pulltab/screwcap signal that was 6+ inches....I dug several identical signals that produced trash....not this one...In the plug was a very nice Gold Ring with the homeowners last name engraved across the front. It was a Mason style ring and very thick, on the inside of the ring was the Great Grandfathers name engraved with the date 1876. A sliver of me wanted to just keep it but the better half directed me to the door and presented what I had found. The couple was overjoyed and very appreciative that I handed it over. My good deed for the day....Thanks for lookin.

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 889
Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Sniffy. Very good of you to return that ring. Bet it was a beauty. :thumbsup:

GAOldsman

Mar 10, 2011
Perry, GA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now there is some nice finds along with a good deed! :thumbsup: :wav: :hello2: :hello2: HH
Scot

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job returning the ring :thumbsup:

Maybe you can get a picture of it sometime.

Mammothman

Feb 1, 2011
Jal, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Thanks for your honesty. That is great you found it. To you it was a neat find, no telling what it means to them, especially now they can show it off with pride and spread the good word about MDing.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should get an Honerable mention for that Sniffy ! Next time you go back bring your camera. We want to see that bad boy ! Great finds ! M.R.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Killer hunt and coins Sniffy :headbang: :sunny: Your honesty will be rewarded with some Kopper Karma , always comes back when you do good and you sure did a GOOD DEED .Proud of you :occasion14: :notworthy: :icon_pirat: dawg

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Good things come to good people :hello: Sniffy you can sleep well at night knowing you did the right thing. Stories like that warm the heart.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your finds and a deed well done. This will definately open up some new doors for you. :thumbsup:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice jess! would love to see a pic of that ring!

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention for sure!! I am certain there is more there to find and Im sure your welcome back. Gl and HH

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
wow that is a good deed!! Would of love to see a pic of that ring!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds .... congrats ! :thumbsup:
H

U

umrgolf

Sniffy said:
Got back to the colonial yard I found the Barber Quarter and thimble yesterday...This time the owner let the dog in and allowed me to do the opposite side of the house. Once again the wheaties started poppin like corn...but finnaly got a nice deep quarter signal and out pops this holed colonial. I'm pretty sure it's a KG of some sort, but both sides are smooth as a babies behind. So I covered my hole got up and swung maybe 10 ft and got another deepish copper signal.....5 inches down laid this 1856 Largie. (INCASED IN LIME GREEN). So i'm happy as can be now. The next hour was pretty frustrating, the side yard must have been where they threw the majority of their garbage....but inbetween the trash I squeeked out the 1890 Vnickle and 1907 IH. However, the highlight of the hunt was the last 10 minutes....I got a nice pulltab/screwcap signal that was 6+ inches....I dug several identical signals that produced trash....not this one...In the plug was a very nice Gold Ring with the homeowners last name engraved across the front. It was a Mason style ring and very thick, on the inside of the ring was the Great Grandfathers name engraved with the date 1876. A sliver of me wanted to just keep it but the better half directed me to the door and presented what I had found. The couple was overjoyed and very appreciative that I handed it over. My good deed for the day....Thanks for lookin.

Honorable Mention! Nice finds too :headbang:

cgull

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, AT PRO, XLT and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well done!! Karma will be smilling your way!!

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Nice Job!!! Hold on to your detector next time your swingin!! Years ago i gave away a small silver kids ring i'd dug and my next trip to the same spot yielded a large cent and a morgan dime from ground i'd covered a hundred times??!!!??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread