DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed over to the street tear up in my town again after I got off work.
When a place is producing, always return.
Was there about 5 minutes when I got a deep IH signal and a higher tone signal to.
I knew there would be an IH and wheatie in the hole.
I had to dig through a bunch of roots and the first coin out was an 1898 IH then out came a 1910 wheat
checked the hole again and got an IH signal Bam !! another IH (1901) and then 3 more wheats 1910 1911 and a 1919.
They were about 6-7 inches deep and it took me 5 minutes to dig them out but it was worth it.

Right after that I was talking to an older lady who lives in the house. She asked if I had found anything and I told her what I have been finding. She said that there were a few other people doing that about a week ago. I told that they must have cleaned out all the trash for me and left the good stuff behind...She laughed about that. We chit chatted for a while about her brother who looks for gold in the mountains and then I went on my way.

Saturday while my friend and I were there a neighbor of Kimsdad stopped by and asked if I was Bob. He said he knew Neil (Kimsdad ) and that he hunted the area already. That must be who she was talking about.

Ended the hunt about an hour later with a little TREASURE CHEST with a 1947 Rosie next to it.....

Also found a complete toy gun

Thanks for looking...... " I'll be back "
IMG_0547.JPG IMG_0548.JPG IMG_0549.JPG IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0551.JPG IMG_0552.JPG

Last edited:

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
damn that is something right there . nice fined :headbang:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nice going Bob, you've had some single days there that outdid my whole neighborhood hunts for this year in the sidewalk tearouts. I'd be surprised if there weren't any other posses out there hitting that work by now.

Now, I need some cross street references! Ones you haven't hit yet!

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Bob, you've had some single days there that outdid my whole neighborhood hunts for this year in the sidewalk tearouts. I'd be surprised if there weren't any other posses out there hitting that work by now.

Now, I need some cross street references! Ones you haven't hit yet!

Hey Tim....Hinsdale , Westernsprings, and Des plaines just south of town....Have at them....

I've been pretty lucky on the street tear ups this year.... Just plain luck that I came across them

Last edited:

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet finds and that toy gun held up well under the slabs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread