back to the nice lady's yard

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1499534 I really thought I had worked the place over after 5 visits, but missed some spots.
Today, got a 1946D Roosevelt dime and a 58 Cal. round ball. Got a 36 Cal. round ball in there last week and a 1937D Mercury dime at the next door neighbors. The Civil war bullets are fired so maybe there is more deep down. Anyway, this place has been entertaining and girl scout emblem needs some explanation. Was she in the army! Always good to save some history. Also, there is a photo of an iron crucible that was on the nice lady's porch. I thought it may be a lead melting object and possibly military, but she said it was used as corn grinder with pestle. Anyone ever seen anything like this. Thanks for looking. GangofTwo.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 22

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
6th time obviously a charm! Really nice finds. Congrats! :icon_thumright:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the pair of silver dimes. Love old round lead. That Girl Scout medallion is way cool!:headbang: The old pot is...dunno? Great hunt at the nice lady's place.:icon_thumright:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1499534 I really thought I had worked the place over after 5 visits, but missed some spots.
Today, got a 1946D Roosevelt dime and a 58 Cal. round ball. Got a 36 Cal. round ball in there last week and a 1937D Mercury dime at the next door neighbors. The Civil war bullets are fired so maybe there is more deep down. Anyway, this place has been entertaining and girl scout emblem needs some explanation. Was she in the army! Always good to save some history. Also, there is a photo of an iron crucible that was on the nice lady's porch. I thought it may be a lead melting object and possibly military, but she said it was used as corn grinder with pestle. Anyone ever seen anything like this. Thanks for looking. View attachment 1499505

Ahh.
The ball's were fired , thought they looked like Drops.
Nice Finds Buddy.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not seen a cast crucible for bullets. I wonder if anyone has found one. i have a bullet mold but not the crucible. You have had a decent year. Will let you know how Sunday turns out.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
This may be bigger, but you get the similarities.

p1010713.jpg

a general purpose mortar and pestle, used for grinding coffee beans, corn or any other foods that needed grinding

OP
OP
alabama11

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, the nice lady said it was a mortar and the pestle got lost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread