Back to the old school house! wow!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Made a return one hour hunt at the old one room school house tonight and was rewarded with a few goodies.I did'nt get 2 steps before I popped an 1865 indianhead, the bad part was it had a nic in it from maybe a mower in the past! DARN!!!!! then it was followed by another indian,1889 that was primo! another few feet and another indian!this one was the best indian, a 1869 key date that was in awesome shape! I almost stopped hunting at that point as the land owner came out and was talking my ear off but he soon left and I decided to make one more pass and it was well worth it. I nailed a 1885 2 center! third one this year! then I managed to get a 1953 silver washington? was'nt expecting that at all, but thats whats so cool about these old places, anything and everything will come out of the ground. I also got a small childs ring thats very very old! I am cleaning it now and will be posting some pics of it later if I ever get that digital camera working! lol

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• Picture 200.jpg
    Picture 200.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 171

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Man Jack, I wish you woulda took us all there when you were Explorerless and I had mine already for the taking. ;D Great finds, is this a spot you had been over with your other detector? If so, I'm glad you got an explorer. Jim

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I like going to school, if you miss something you can do it again. congrats

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew I should have hit that spot while you were in Wisconsin! You and your machine are kickin butt! Do me a favor and walk behind me if we get out Saturday. You're hogging all the 2 centers and I haven't found one yet. I'll give you a shout tomorrow night, great job.

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Redfoot, those coins are averaging 7 to 10 inches in depth, I think these are coins that others have missed because of the depth.

Jim I owe you alot for turning me on to the benefits of the explorer! This machine is an animal at pullin those deepies that other machines just can't get!

Mark, you and I are gonna get some real great ones this weekend I think I can get us in at another one room school house site :D plus we got that old 1830-1850 house to hit too!

Thanks to all for checkin out the finds and I think I'll be having better pics now as I got a digital camera, maybe even some video's!

HH
Slipperyjack47

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to go Jack! That Explorer is really cranking them out for you! Keep at it. It is supposed to rain for the next 5 days here, hope its better where you are so you can squeeze in another successful hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread