Back to the Park-Deja Vu

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today, I went back to American Legion Park, where I found the 1953 wheat penny a couple weeks ago. I was hoping for a good day out, and I certainly got one! I got several firsts. I got my first America the Beautiful quarter and first Westward Journey nickel, which happens to be my first commemorative coin. There was also a small coin spill with 4 pennies, 2 dimes, 2 nickels, and a quarter. In total, I got $1.73 in clad. But in literally my second hole, I got another wheat penny! :headbang: It is a 1957-D, looks pretty nice, and is my third wheatie overall. All in all, the plan to cover the whole park is going well (by the way, this is actually just coin-shooting, so there are a lot of signals left there that are probably mostly bottle caps and nails).
20161015_170213.jpg 20161015_170443.jpg

Upvote 7

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your doing good, keep at it "low and slow" as they say. Throw a nickel on the ground, see what that sounds like on your machine. Dig that signal always, sooner or after digging "it takes 1000 pull tabs to dig your first GOLD ring"

OP
OP
D

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your doing good, keep at it "low and slow" as they say. Throw a nickel on the ground, see what that sounds like on your machine. Dig that signal always, sooner or after digging "it takes 1000 pull tabs to dig your first GOLD ring"

Honestly, my Pioneer EX gives just four separate signals: Iron, Aluminum 5 cents, Aluminum Zinc, and Coins. I can't tell the difference between pull tabs and coins (though I can tell if it is a bottle cap).

OP
OP
D

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all so far for your kindness!

Top Member Reactions