Back to the park.. Ran into the law and first wheat!

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out again... Went back to the old park today. A little hunting around the basketball court and swing sets.

Getting close to silver, I can feel it..

Found my first wheat penny; I was happy to see it.

Regular trash and a little police cruiser(accident investigation division) ;)

That's it.. Hope everyone had a fine day.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424389224.214195.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424389245.004762.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424389263.699904.jpg

Upvote 8
Haha, nice! So close to silver, just one year off for that dime! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Ive made some nice ring finds around the edges of basketball courts.

Haha, nice! So close to silver, just one year off for that dime! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Thank yah.. I've found quite few 65' coins. Those 64' are just hiding from my little silver UMax..

Ive made some nice ring finds around the edges of basketball courts.

Yeah, I think this one has potential.. It took me about hour to make it 50 feet. Lots and lots of trash. Lots of coins. I doubt it's been hunted in years ,if ever.

Just keep at it. As long as you're hunting an area which was populated in the 60s or earlier you stand a good chance of turning up a silver coin at some point.

Go slow and listen for the weak (deep) signal. The old silver coins are under all that more modern stuff (hopefully).

When I first started, just one short year ago, I hunted the local older schools and parks. The seasoned guys laughed at me, and said that these places were hunted out a long time ago, and I was wasting my time. After I found my second silver half, they quit laughing. I was able to find a total of 10 silver coins at three local schools. It wasn't easy, but I stuck with it and it paid off. If you are finding Wheaties, you are in the right spot.

Most important of all is to relax and have fun. GL&HH!

I've got a school I hunted at least 10 times before I pulled a Merc. Get the clad out and the whispers will show up.

keep plugging away, it will come

Wow, the ground sure was nice to that Wheatie! Nice finds!

Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with this snowbound northern boy

Nice finds! Congratulations on the penny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back