Back to the Silver House

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Well, I went back for a short hunt tonight to the "Silver House" as I call it. I only had a short time to hunt, so I detected a thin strip of grass along the edge of the street to knock it off my "to do" list.

Found a little bit of clad coins and some other stuff, but not much to write home about:

100_3415.jpg

100_3413.jpg

100_3414.jpg

100_3431.jpg

Here is the clad I found:

100_3421.jpg

Why are there so many 1965 Quarters...but so few 1964???? ???

100_3432.jpg

What is this? I have seen these before. Insulator?

100_3416.jpg

Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:D Now that you have that small strip cleaned out you can go back for the rest of the Wilver now. Can't help you on what that little thingie is but you might be right. I, too, have seen them but what they are or used for beats the heck out of me. HH Baldingboy

Desertfox

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bb, that insulator thingy, looks like it was made for connecting with an identical piece, probably to hold electrical cables in place.
Cheers, Mike

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Hey there BB.
That insulator thingy is and............insulator thingy. They were used to hold the old cloth covered housing wires in place.
I work on historic homes and I run into those all of the time. I'd say 1950's and '60's.
It should be made of a baked ceramic.
Keep hunting it all. I'ts nice to see photos of everything you get.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Can't help you with the 65 quarter question, ask that one myself all the time. Cool button, the insulator thingy is the last piece I need to complete my atomic deatomizer, we need to talk. :D

At least you got to go hunting, my poor machine sat on my freezer all weekend like a puppy at the screen door needing to go outside and do some business. :( (ok so I did sneak it out for about one hour and fifteen minutes)

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
desertfox said:
:D Now that you have that small strip cleaned out you can go back for the rest of the Wilver now. Can't help you on what that little thingie is but you might be right. I, too, have seen them but what they are or used for beats the heck out of me. HH Baldingboy

Desertfox

I do love the Wilver. I hope we find more hiding there..

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
lost at sea said:
Looks like some pretty cool finds.
tymcmurray said:
Hey there BB.
That insulator thingy is and............insulator thingy. They were used to hold the old cloth covered housing wires in place.
I work on historic homes and I run into those all of the time. I'd say 1950's and '60's.
It should be made of a baked ceramic.
Keep hunting it all. I'ts nice to see photos of everything you get.
trikikiwi said:
Hi Bb, that insulator thingy, looks like it was made for connecting with an identical piece, probably to hold electrical cables in place.
Cheers, Mike
lost at sea ,
Thanks, not too bad I guess.

tymcmurray,
Thanks for the info. I knew I had seen them...just couldn't remember where.

Mike,
Thanks for the information.

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
RUDY2003 said:
Those are some tough diggins' BB.

Keep safe...

mastereagle22 said:
Can't help you with the 65 quarter question, ask that one myself all the time. Cool button, the insulator thingy is the last piece I need to complete my atomic deatomizer, we need to talk. :D

At least you got to go hunting, my poor machine sat on my freezer all weekend like a puppy at the screen door needing to go outside and do some business. :( (ok so I did sneak it out for about one hour and fifteen minutes)

RUDY,
Yeah, it's good that I am still a little green around the edges detecting...or I might have just give up.

mastereagle22,
What you really needs is a zipper pull to make the switch mechanism for your deatomizer. ;D

You should really put your detector IN the freezer. That keeps them TUNED UP.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Baldingboy said:
RUDY2003 said:
Those are some tough diggins' BB.

Keep safe...

mastereagle22 said:

RUDY,
Yeah, it's good that I am still a little green around the edges detecting...or I might have just give up.

mastereagle22,
What you really needs is a zipper pull to make the switch mechanism for your deatomizer. ;D

You should really put your detector IN the freezer. That keeps them TUNED UP.

Oh that's cold ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah! What's the deal with so many '65 quarter finds! >:( No tellin' how many of those I have found. :-\

Congrats on your finds and good luck on your return! :)

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i find alot of 65 dimes , just missed silver, got 2 of them today. great finds congrats ;)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Nice haul. I find those 65 quarters all the time, just one year off the wrong way. It's the 64's I can't seem to find. Way to go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread