Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

Yesterday I got out to the small town dump where I had some success. Recent rain and running water had smoothed out a lot of my old dirt pile, washed a lot of it back into my hole, and so I would have to dig through some of that first. What was very peculiar was that this Brookfield insulator was sitting right there where I had been digging before. I simply picked it up upon arrival, very confused. I thought that someone was playing a trick on me, but I had dug broken ones there before, so it's more likely that I barely missed it the last time and that it only needed a little shaking out.

I hit a little pocket of bottles early on. I am pretty much positive that I smoked the amber poison - there is a hole and large flake running along the back heel, looks and feels pretty fresh. I photographed it this way out of shame, haha. I barely kept it, hopefully I can get a dollar for it, if not she's going in the garbage, I can't have that shame on my shelf. I always dig carefully, but I was going a little harder through all the dirt that had washed back into my hole, and I didn't think I was anywhere near the new dirt yet. But here comes redemption! The very next bottle, only an inch away, was this cobalt Triloids poison, an awesome forgiveness from the bottle gods. Another inch away from that was the clear vial, blown with a crude tooled lip that's hard to see here. Then I got another Frontier Asthma Co. bottle, which is nicer than the last and so I can substitute. A Milk of Magnesia, I still like finding these small ones. And then an early ABM capers kind of bottle.

Anyway, I'm still kind of irked about the amber poison. That would have been an awesome doubleheader. Ugh, a tough lesson learned. I QUIT BOTTLE DIGGING. I'M DONE. Haha, yeah right, I'll be back.

Good luck out there, don't break stuff,

NJ

DSCF9215.JPG

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it happens.
I'm betting you missed the insulator the first time around and the rain showed it to you. I've had a lot of luck finding coins and buttons in my privy dirt after a hard rain.
Sorry about the broken poison but the other one makes up for if
Thanks for the post

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bass! Yeah, it could be that I just got that perfect scoop of dirt that looked like it had nothing in it, the soil is very clayey here so it was probably hidden in a nice big chunk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions