Back to the Soccer Complex nets 80 more coins. Windy but a Sunny 63 degrees.

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was at this Soccer complex 2 days ago and found 82 clad coins, so thought I should go back and finish the other fields that I missed. Today found 24 quarters, 37 dimes & 19 cents.....total of $9.89 in face value. All clad but it helps to pay the gas.
Rained all day yesterday, but today was sunny all day. Thanks for looking.

002.JPG

HH & Good Luck
Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 2

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Haul ! Those quarters & dimes add up quick :thumbsup:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a bunch of coins. Congrats. GL&HH!

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a bunch of coins. Congrats. GL&HH!
Thanks, Tom.....like you I love the old coins and silver, but so far this year, I have not been hunting any old areas. Mostly newer school yards and soccer type fields. Your 60 silver coins in 2014 is impressive for only 9 months since you started & quantity of clad & rings. My 2014 was my worst year ever.....hope to do better this year with the Whites MX5 that I bought last September. It was like new for only $316 plus small shipping charge, off of Ebay......I bet you love the XP Deus, which has almost unlimited programming, Sweet.

Thanks for looking.
Bill

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wlb42,

With that amount of coins there should be some gold and silver jewelry at that site also...just keep thinning out the signals.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wlb42,

With that amount of coins there should be some gold and silver jewelry at that site also...just keep thinning out the signals.

Regards + HH

Bill

Hi Bill......my last 2 hunts at the Soccer Complex I was in Stage 1. I will return next week for Stage 2

Quote from my previous posting on the Stage 1 and Stage 2 method that I am currently using with high discrimination on Stage 1:
"What nickels?.....so you noticed the absence of nickels and trash.....lol.......The last 4 months, since I received the VDI Whites MX5, I have been working my own priority plan of recovering targets to cut down on excessive digging and trash, that works for me in 2 stages......1st stage recover ALL clad & silver dollars, halfs, quarters, dimes, 95% copper cents & silver jewelry, then 2nd stage, return and grid in ALL metal to recover nickels, gold and alot of trash and digging. But this works for me as I just turned 73 last week and have been doing this over 44 years.......I love the silver coins and cannot hunt as many hours as I used to at one outing.....and most nickels & indianhead cents don't come out of the ground in very good condition, So it is about the gold rings for me. However on the beach, I always hunt in All metal and dig everything, because percentage of rings lost there are much higher.......Just my personal method that I use for only the areas close to where I live, that I keep going back.....because we all know an area is NEVER cleaned out, as experience and equipment improvements continue in the future & high traffic areas like school grounds, playgrounds, tot-lots, sports fields, parks, beaches, etc. coin & jewelry drops happen daily. .......Good Luck & Happy Hunting to ALL".

Thanks for your comments.
Bill

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bill,

That's pretty much my approach also....but since most of my regular sites have been hit hard I pretty much just knock out iron these days.

Some people might think we're crazy taking this approach but those rings in my avatar are some of the gold I've found over the years using this method.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread