Back to the tulip field....

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back and searched some more at the tulip field. Got a piece of lead that looks just like the piece that Cru had yesterday, only now with a 13 stamped into it, and only one silver coin, another duppie (10c piece, recent 1925).Also a few other thinks but the best find was a arm/hand holding onto a staff with round ends. What it is I don't know, could be a water tap? But not sure. Never seen something like that. The stump of the object was encased in a iron ball, which I cleaned up. Anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• DSC00129_resize_resize.JPG
    DSC00129_resize_resize.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 615
  • DSCN3748_resize.JPG
    DSCN3748_resize.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 609
  • Hand and Staff_resize.jpg
    Hand and Staff_resize.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 609
Upvote 0

yo6oej

Aug 23, 2008
Toplita , Romania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Pro Pointer / Detech EDS Plus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very interesting finds :icon_thumleft: congrats
Strange object could be indeed a tap handle...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea, but its really cool piece :icon_scratch:

Maybe attached to wood - a strange drawer pull :dontknow:

Still encouraging signs, have you covered it all?

OP
OP
woody50

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
I have no idea, but its really cool piece :icon_scratch:
Maybe attached to wood - a strange drawer pull :dontknow:
Still encouraging signs, have you covered it all?
Yea, I did not know what it was until I got home and cleaned up the stuff. I really thought it was a brass handle from a tap, took it with me anyway (just like I do with everything, including trash, because if you do find something good it help a lot to have the field as clean as possible). Never found something with an arm and hand on it, yea, I think its cool too. Thanks for you ideas.

I was surprized to see the iron on the bottom because of what the object is. Would not expect iron. I cannot see what the center is from the base, it looks like iron. The foot of the thin seems to be made of brass/bronze with something round shoved up into it.

About the field, I covered it all now, but all the finds were in an area of say 20x20 meters, on the rest of the field there was really nothing but iron and trash. The farmer is going to plow the field and roll it soon, he will call me when he does that and I will check the area again. Did grid it from three directions, but did not find any thing to keep besides what is in the photo.

Funny :-\

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Nice bits Woody! I think it could be a drawer pull too :-\

Could the iron bit be a screw?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Nice bunch of finds Woody :icon_thumleft: could it be part of a Pipe Tamper :P a bit like this one, that's also incomplete :icon_thumleft:

SS

Attachments

• pipe tamper.jpg
    pipe tamper.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 421

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Nice bits Woody! I think it could be a drawer pull too :-\

Could the iron bit be a screw?

I'm almost sure the iron was a remains of the attachment which could have been a screw, that why I though wood. Maybe a strange coat hook, really not sure :help:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:

Nice bunch of finds Woody :icon_thumleft: could it be part of a Pipe Tamper :P a bit like this one, that's also incomplete :icon_thumleft:

SS

welcome back :hello: Hope the holiday was good.

Pipe Tamper was my first thought as its the only similar object I have seen, but I think the iron rules it out?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

Pipe Tamper was my first thought as its the only similar object I have seen, but I think the iron rules it out?
Why :icon_scratch:....could be two part attachment, the Holiday was great thanks :icon_thumleft:

SS

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

Why :icon_scratch:....could be two part attachment, the Holiday was great thanks :icon_thumleft:

SS

just never seen iron on a piper tamper, I guess it doesn't totally rule it out :icon_scratch:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

SS

just never seen iron on a piper tamper, I guess it doesn't totally rule it out :icon_scratch:
Seen a similar handle on a Barrel tap as well :read2: but the iron is strange :dontknow:

SS

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

SS

Seen a similar handle on a Barrel tap as well :read2: but the iron is strange :dontknow:

SS

yeah, could be Barrel Tap, I suppose, that is a good option, I wish I knew, its a great puzzeller :thumbsup:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi, Looks like a handle off a 19 century mail box

tinpan

Top Member Reactions