Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DiggerBug and I headed out to the same ole site again today all rested up and ready to hunt. First hour...nothing. Nothing worth mentioning anyhow. Ended up back to the area where I had so-called 'gridded' and it is official...I am NO GOOD at gridding! :D First signal I get there turns out to be a 1941 Merc! :D Kinda went downhill from there for me though...another tax token and a penny. BUT...Lisa got a GREAT find in the area!! (I'll let her post that one!!)
The oldest still standing house is being renovated and when all the workers left for the day we went up there for a bit. I found a neat ring. It was bent, but I'll still keep it. Got the normal bullets, a buckle and the jack I found a couple of days ago there, but I forgot it in my pocket so I put it in this pic. Last find of the day had me going!!!! I found this tag that had a stagecoach on it! I was just'a smilin' about this find! Couldn't wait to get home and show Charlie! I came running through the door, held my hand out and smiled really big! ;D I said, "Looka what I got!!!" He says, "Well...I hate to disappoint you, but that ain't that old." Dang. What a bummer! :P This site is old enough to have had stagecoaches...I just knew I did good today. :-\ That's alright though..still had a great time and look forward to going back!
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Nana :)

Attachments

• 100_7218.jpg
    100_7218.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,003
Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
WTG Nana!!

That Body by Fisher tag is cool... my fathers 1968 Olds 442 had those tags in it. They must have been the auto interior guys? I dunno... the buggy is not buggy period, it's the business logo.

Check that... Update! Fisher was started in 1919! http://musclecarranch.com/bodybyfisher.htm

Your tag from the 60s or 70s...

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
looks like you have found a hotspot there nana! thats a nice bit of silver you have pulled from there...............and they said it was hunted out! ::)

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Mercury Nana,
That's something to be proud of, it beats plain ole clad anyday.
Good hunting!

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
congrats on the merc, you should go back and find the other nine jacks ;D hmmm what would the ball ring at ???

HH
Joe

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
You're doing very well there Nana!

Especially when you consider how many times it's been hunted.

That place may have more surprises for you!

Ridley

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
That tag must have fallen off her coach. Keep looking! Cinderella's glass slipper's got to be around there somewhere's. ;)

Congrats on the silver. That buckle is neat too, BTW. Keep 'em comin' Nana. 8)

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Looks like a great day Nana. Glad you got to go out. I like the Body by Fisher badge too.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana,

neat finds. Sounds like that location just
keeps on giving a bit at a time.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All it takes is a different angle or moisture.. Hunting out a site is difficult.. Any coin is a good day..
Ray

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
fisher was a frame maker for cars --- start making car frames 1919 before that they used to also make carraiges (frames-body) for stagecoaches and they used the symbol on their car frame tags (ever wonder why the bottom of a car frame is called an under carraige? now you know) this item (plate)was used on their car body normally riveted to the frame somewhere along the side where the drivers door was---it was on the side so it diedn't get tore off. some even had numbers---you could tell what car type it was by the frame numbers ---like a modern day VIN number sort of--- its most likely a 60's or 70's item ---there should be silver anywhere you find 1960's dated items. good luck --Ivan

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow ball and jacks, that makes me feel old ::) I just loved that game, and was pretty good at it ;D
The buckle is a nice conversation piece, nice deteail on it.

Great job you are doing, keep it up 8) :o 8)

God bless
Peter

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds Nana! Gonna be too cold to get out for a few days. :'(

Kent

Top Member Reactions