Backyard continues to give

MCollett

Sep 26, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Equinox 800
It has been a while since my last post. My son was playing with the detector in my yard and got a good hit. So needless to say, I spent several evenings going back over my yard.

I found out there was a large Confederate camp where my neighborhood sits. They were forced out of Montgomery, AL and ended up right where my house sits. So now I know why I find so many bullets in my yard.

Today I found 2 - 3 ringers and a 2 ringer. Also, what looks and feels like a lead bale seal. The round object top right is my favorite find to date, a 1920s 3 Merry Widows prophylactic tin. Not sure what was going on in my yard, but it was a cool find! The U shaped object was found next to one of the 3 ringers. Not sure what it is.

Attachments

• 20190309_201707.jpg
    20190309_201707.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 20

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GOOD JOB....keep looking and searching other public green spaces in your area and there could be some BONUS civil war silver hiding nearby -- GOOD LUCK & Happy Hunting.

BILL
Northern "Panhandle" FLORIDA

flashyace

Sep 26, 2013
southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
The u shaped clip is what u-joints are held into the driveshaft with on truck or rear wheel drive car. Nice finds! I found a similar tin of few years back

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
M, You have a lucky yard for sure. I like those finds. All I find in mine are nails and bottle caps. That "U" shaped thing is a retaining clip for a cars universal joint. It keeps the needle bearing cups from falling out.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , really cool to find history in your own yard ....... man would my yard be a mess if that was the case lol

OP
OP
M

MCollett

Sep 26, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Equinox 800
Nice finds , really cool to find history in your own yard ....... man would my yard be a mess if that was the case lol

Lol, now that my 6yr old son has the detecting bug, my yard looks horrible. He still has not grasped the concept of refilling holes. And he likes to dig every little sound he hears. Holes everywhere!

Thanks everyone else for the comments and help on the U shape clip. The layers of history from car parts to Civil War bullets. This hobby never ceases to amaze me.

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had a yard like that. Grid it, go slow and listen hard you could find some more nice surprises there.

Congratulations and keep swingin.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I have a few areas in an old Victorian town. When everything else fails, I hit my own back yard. It just keeps giving. Good job.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, now that my 6yr old son has the detecting bug, my yard looks horrible. He still has not grasped the concept of refilling holes. And he likes to dig every little sound he hears. Holes everywhere!

Thanks everyone else for the comments and help on the U shape clip. The layers of history from car parts to Civil War bullets. This hobby never ceases to amaze me.

That’s awesome he’s that into detecting .... heck of a lot better than video games and tablets lol
I just had first kid 8 months ago and I can’t wait till she’s big enough to take hunting

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice finds. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
M

MCollett

Sep 26, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Equinox 800
That’s awesome he’s that into detecting .... heck of a lot better than video games and tablets lol
I just had first kid 8 months ago and I can’t wait till she’s big enough to take hunting

That's awesome! I just bought my son a cheap Bounty Hunter from Acadamy today. First day out he finds a 3 ringer. Also, I think I found (in the same area of the yard) a cartridge. Looks like a Spencer? 3 ringer looks like it would fit! Love my yard!

20190310_174854.jpg 20190310_192352.jpg 20190310_192416.jpg 56-56_Spencer.JPG

Al.relics

Jan 28, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Nox 800, Whites DFX e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Neighbor and in your own back yard! I would grid it and search every inch! Way to go, and good luck!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that would be a great hunting spot right in your own back yard thats cool and very nice relics

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread