stvnford

Greenie
Feb 28, 2012
North East, NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wanting one since I was a kid growing up overseas and visiting the castles and historical sites in Europe. The Bounty Hunter Tracker seemed like a reasonable starter price range...no sense in dumping a lot of money into something that I wouldn't enjoy..

I opened the box and actually read the manual and put it together. Decided the best place to start was the 2 acres in my back yard. After about 20 minutes and about 45 feet of travel I had dug up 8 nails and a few metal scraps. When I showed the wife what I had found she was happy since the dogs wouldn't be digging them up or stepping on them.

Looks like I might be spending the weekend at the beach to see if I can find more "treasures".

Have a feeling his is going to be a GREAT habit.

One thing I did discover is that I need to keep the coil at least 10 inches from my legs since I have rods and screws in them from an accident a few years ago...and yeah..makes for fun trips through the airport.

Upvote 4

Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck on hunting your back yard!!!! I'm relatively new to all of this metal detecting business, been at it for a few months now. The best advice I got was DIG EVERYTHING for a while so you can hear the tones your machine makes for different targets. I got spoiled on my first hunt and found 2 silver rings...I have yet to hit on silver since then, so it doesn't happen every day (unfortunately. ) Take your time, learn your machine, and more importantly have fun! My wife was none too impressed when I showed her all of the nails and junk in found in my yard....lol.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stvnford..welcome!! i am glad to see you are enjoying the new hobby..and if you are delighted to be finding hardware..just wait til you pop out your first coin!! Then silver..and it just gets worse from there..lol..what a great hobby, good luck n happy hunting!..ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread