Backyard Relics + ID Help

Wardster

Dec 21, 2006
Kingston, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I own an aparment building that used to be a single family home when it was built in 1900. Since the weather has improved, I took the opportunity to hunt the backyard for an hour. Here are the keepers:

- 2 cut nails
- An old thimble
- A button
- A key/handle for winding someting??
- I am not really sure about the item in the upper right-hand corner. My best guess was it was used with a belt or suspenders??

HH

-Wardster

Attachments

• IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 605
Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Wardster, Nice finds and the nimble looks like dirty silver :o :o :o Clean it up and let us know.

t.p

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
The item in the upper right hand corner looks like a suspender part to me too. The key looks like it might belong to a wind up clock of some kind. Hope it helps.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That key is most likely for turning on a gas fireplace or closing the flue.

Good hunting
Ken

T

TreasureTales

Very nice, old things. Would try the yard again, but maybe with a little less desc. Any markings on the key or the thimble?

OP
OP
W

Wardster

Dec 21, 2006
Kingston, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
TreasureTales said:
Very nice, old things. Would try the yard again, but maybe with a little less desc. Any markings on the key or the thimble?

No markings on the key, but it is heavy and has a chrome plating on it. The thimble is very lightweight and has the following marking.."A SOUVENI.." so I doubt its worth anything.

T

TreasureTales

Your thimble is a souvenir from somewhere. Would be great if you can ever read the rest of the writing on it. Cool

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
suspender buckles often have trademark dates stamped on them in very small letters.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds from your backyard. I'd go back, slow down and dig all the signals that come in the coin range. You will be amazed at what you find.

Good Luck, and again nice finds.

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread