BAD LUCK

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
was out for a while yesterday. nice day not too hot not too cold . I was walking along swing my coil and what happens my coil falls off. just falls off didn't hit anything. the grass was so dead and dry short ? WHAT THE _ _ _ _ ? what a blade of grass knock it off ? talk about disappointment ! I was thinking of gluing it but I don't think theres enough surface area to hold it and its gluing plastic where the metal meets the plastc. anyone tried this before ? I need a good luck charm !! it a BH pioneer 101 lower rod where the plastic meets the aluminum. I tried posting pictures. need a good luck charm !! I don't think the gluing will work. does the plastic part push up into the the aluminum rod ? how far ? need another lower rod anybody got one ? thanks

Chiltepin

Sep 25, 2017
Southwest US
Detector(s) used
BH Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel for you, but I found a picture of how a Russian repaired his
101. Looks like he used his for a weed wacker.

http://vremenami.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/provod1.JPG

He just removed the plastic and put a hole in the Aluminum and crimped it.
I would not advise this type of repair LOL

Is the connector hollow? Get a plastic toilet seat bolt. Cut off
the head Drill both sides of the plastic to fit the bolt and Epoxy it in.

The Bolts are about 3 inches long and very strong.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1272435

Last edited:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could call BH and see if they will give you a free replacement part.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
free huh ? sure its worth a try. I need a good luck charm ! do they have an email address ? I hate talkin on the phone. does anybody else hate talkin on the phone ?

Last edited:

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was out for a while yesterday. nice day not too hot not too cold . I was walking along swing my coil and what happens my coil falls off. just falls off didn't hit anything. the grass was so dead and dry short ? WHAT THE _ _ _ _ ? what a blade of grass knock it off ? talk about disappointment ! I was thinking of gluing it but I don't think theres enough surface area to hold it and its gluing plastic where the metal meets the plastc. anyone tried this before ? I need a good luck charm !! it a BH pioneer 101 lower rod where the plastic meets the aluminum. I tried posting pictures. need a good luck charm !! I don't think the gluing will work. does the plastic part push up into the the aluminum rod ? how far ? need another lower rod anybody got one ? thanks
Kind a sounds like an AT Pro.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm the Bad Luck King! And You can fix anything for free! I know this! So here are my thoughts!

A pocket knife, and old broom handle, or even piece of stick!

Take the plastic out of the Aluminum Shaft, Widdle your wood down small enough to fit in, drill a hole (if one isn't there) and run a ziptie through(non metal, was the thought on that) or put a screw in. Take the other end, work it, drill it to hold coil. You get the idea. That is the easiest,cheapest, quickest way I can think of if everything else fails and you just want to detect! :laughing7:

Won't look pretty , but may get you through! Until you find a better solution.

I don't see glue holding either.

Last edited:

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time for an upgrade, White's, garrett, Minelab etc.

There a lot of good machines out there, is your birthday close? I always buy myself a birthday present. That way it's always just my size or just what I needed. And I wrap it too!
:occasion14:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind a sounds like an AT Pro.

Lol...no doubt...I've broken EVERYTHING on my ATP except the lower shaft. Maybe it's next!? If it's anything like the arm cuff or the main housing...you can fix it with spit and bubble gum...Ddf

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
yea ! a birthday present should be just that ! a present,a gift from somebody else. then its special. yooo know.

There a lot of good machines out there, is your birthday close? I always buy myself a birthday present. That way it's always just my size or just what I needed. And I wrap it too!
:occasion14:[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
noooo ! its like family member you cant just get rid of it. i'm attached to her !

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Lol...no doubt...I've broken EVERYTHING on my ATP except the lower shaft. Maybe it's next!? If it's anything like the arm cuff or the main housing...you can fix it with spit and bubble gum...Ddf

uh huh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread