Bag of halves and Box of nickels with great results! Pics.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I dove right back into bags after my short bag a little while back, and I'm glad I did!

Got a $1000 dollar half bag from a bank that hasn't filled one up for me yet last Friday. Went out of town for the Labor Day weekend, so didn't finish til yesterday. Super results, and it contained $1002. Never had one with more than it was suppossed to yet. They are almost always a few short.

Also did a box of nickels, got several pre-1960, one war nic and a 1950 (no D, but still tough date).

Halves:

28 40%ers and one lonely 1964D along with another 1974D DDO and my second gold plated counter stamped 1960-1980 weird one. Also got a batting cage token ;D

Gotta love it!

HH

Attachments

• Sep halves nics.jpg
    Sep halves nics.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 380
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work. What banks will sell the bags off their counters??? I haven't found one yet that will.
HH
Baddbluff

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score Numismaniac, Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

HH...Miner

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I live in MO and they all will here. When I lived in VA, none would. Can't predict I guess.....

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
baddbluff said:
Nice work. What banks will sell the bags off their counters??? I haven't found one yet that will.
HH
Baddbluff

It really just depends on the way banks have set up their sorter. There are some banks who quite simply can't sell you the bag, the sorter automatically sells it to the vault and when the bag is sealed it has to go for deposit, there isn't much the tellers can do. A lot of banks /can/ sell you the bag, but since most people don't buy bags, many tellers simply don't know how to do it.

It really depends on the branch, the tellers, and your relationship with the bank.

dossier

Aug 23, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still only a few weeks old but I thought the sorting machines spit the silver into the reject bin? Meaning they never land in the bags? Apparently not! :icon_thumleft:

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dossier said:
I'm still only a few weeks old but I thought the sorting machines spit the silver into the reject bin? Meaning they never land in the bags? Apparently not! :icon_thumleft:
You type well to be so young :laughing9:

Good score, Numi :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions