Bag service input

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
A big hello to my CRHing friends. I am trying to dramatically increase my volume.... Currently do about 5 boxes of halves and an obscene amount of CWRs per week. My question is this: what is my best avenue for acquiring a bag service? I currently have accounts with Chase, Mainsource, Centra Credit union and First Financial. I will pay fees if necessary. Do I need to open a business account?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Swade2K

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
To clarify, the service would be for dumps. Dumping is currently the only thing holding me back.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you currently have to roll your coins to dump...? The vault teller at a local B of A gave me some CoinSafe bags for my dumps. All I use now. Just ask...! No fee, just exchange for cash on the spot. May have to ask multiple vault tellers. A few have been really helpful, a couple very unhelpful... a few threatened to charge a fee, etc.... just gotta find the right teller...!

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rushfan said:
Do you currently have to roll your coins to dump...? The vault teller at a local B of A gave me some CoinSafe bags for my dumps. All I use now. Just ask...! No fee, just exchange for cash on the spot. May have to ask multiple vault tellers. A few have been really helpful, a couple very unhelpful... a few threatened to charge a fee, etc.... just gotta find the right teller...!

I have asked a lot of tellers to no avail. There is one bank I use for laundry machine deposits that accepts bags. I have a good relationship with them but I personally do not have any accounts there. Im not sure how they would react to me bringing bags of halves. When I ask other banks they tell me about how it's a liability and the bags might be off and on and on...

Okie115

Apr 15, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm interested in dumping bags too. I'm thinking about going to one of my coin machine dump banks and asking the VT or manager if I can give them bags instead of wearing out their machine with my halves. Not sure who would be best to speak with. And worried that they may start charging me or flag my account. I don't have enough money to open a business account. Any advice out there?

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okie115 said:
I'm interested in dumping bags too. I'm thinking about going to one of my coin machine dump banks and asking the VT or manager if I can give them bags instead of wearing out their machine with my halves. Not sure who would be best to speak with. And worried that they may start charging me or flag my account. I don't have enough money to open a business account. Any advice out there?

Okie, I dump halves at TD in bags. TD in my area does not have coin counters so its either bring them bags or reroll. I used to reroll and the tellers would then dump them in bags anyway. They send my bags out to be counted and they can ding my account if there is a shortage. My other dump banks have coin counters and when I asked about dumping in bags they indicated that they would still have to run them through their counter. I think that's bs but whatever, I'll bring it up again if they start whining too much about bag changes. HH
Merc

OP
OP
Swade2K

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
I currently do all my dumps in Jetsort machines at my CU. I was recently cut off at one branch (5% of cash value fee) and now I find myself acquiring more coin than I have time to dump. It's a downward spiral! Please help!!!!

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would hold off on searching next week and focus on asking around for bag option. Try some of the banks you don't have account with, too. "Asking" is your holy grail. Another tip, don't dump all of your bags at one branch. This won't last long. They will throw "fee" word on you before you know it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread