bags o f ikes ???

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
some ikes are 40% silver due to their large size -the silver worth about as much as a 90% half is .

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Their are 40% ikes. But they are only the proof ones.
Some people have gotten lucky and pulled peace/Morgan dollars.
Even saw some one pulled an ase from a bag.
Good luck on finding a bank to order them.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 40% ikes are rare as well since they were only sold as special sets from the mint i believe, "brown or blue" sets depending on the cost, one had a fancier case or something.

Probably more likely to find silver dollars in them than 40% Ikes.

Also as Conley said, good luck on finding a source, I've struck out at every turn.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Blue ikes were used the same dies as the circulation clad ike dollars, but were made on a 40% silver planchet.
Brown ikes were made with a special 40% silver polished planchet using proof dies.
Both the Blue and Brown silvers will have an 'S' mintmark, and were made from 1971-1976. 77 and 78 did not have silver.
Clad Proofs were also made 71-78, using polished clad planchets and the proof dies.

OP
OP
huricanesrul

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
though i saw some one on this site about 4 or 5 months back that got a bag of $ 1,000 of ikes ?? found 2 morgans I think if i remeber right ?? just don t know were he ordered the bag from .

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was turned down by 2 national banks about ordering IKES, one even said they would not order me half dollars either :dontknow:

OP
OP
huricanesrul

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
back to the orig question........what banks ????????? or is that a secret ?? and what did u find ??

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a secret nobody is willing to share their hot spots with others who will ruin it for them.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no set bank that will or won't order Ikes. Your best bet is to go to your local small bank or credit union and ask. They will have to call up the coin service and ask. It will not be on an online order form, it isn't going to be on a paper order form and there is a high possibility the coin service doesn't even ship out Ikes. There is no secret formula in CRHing unless someone is at your EXACT same bank and the EXACT same branch.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
BofA, 2 bags total, took 3 weeks for the first and 2 months for the 2nd bag to arrive. 2 40% and one Peace dollar in the first bag. No silver in #2 but I have about 150 "72's I am searching through very carefully to try to find a display-worthy specimen all 3 variants. Good way to go cross-eyed, BTW.

Rascal

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what my most recent bag of Ikes gave up:

scaled.php

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I certainly hope that those of you that have scored Ikes are selling the dumps for a profit either on eBay or CL. It would seem foolish to just dump the unwanted for FV.

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want to deal with idiots from CL; I have about $50 i picked up here and there to dump. I guess if I had $1000 worth, I might put them on the 'bay or something.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the banks I visited during lunch today had a $20 Roll of large dollars.

I first asked the teller for halves. She told me she had $70 so I purchased them from her. I then asked her for "large Eisenhower dollar coins". She gave me a confused look and told me that they only had gold dollars with the "lady" on them. Only when I explained to her what an Ike dollar was did she remember that she had a roll in her safe. I purchased the roll hoping it would include a Peace and/or Morgan. Unfortunately it only included clad Ikes. A few 1976 and other random dates in the 70s.

I certainly hope that those of you that have scored Ikes are selling the dumps for a profit either on eBay or CL. It would seem foolish to just dump the unwanted for FV.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see how anyone can make a profit from selling common-dated circulated Ikes on eBay. I just checked and most auctions for a single Ike Dollar ended at at around $1.30-$1.80. It doesn't seem worth all the trouble after eBay and PayPal fees. I hope I'm wrong and you're right because I'm sitting on $20 of clad Ikes that I don't want to hang on to. It'll be great if I can make a profit but I'll just take them back to the bank if not.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just dumped $999 in ikes into my dump bank. I don't have time to deal with CL and need the bankroll.

OP
OP
huricanesrul

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell ikes on craigslist for about $1.25 per . sold 130 for $180 6 months ago. i try selling in lots of 100. takes awhile but if u can sit on them for a few months ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread