bags o f ikes ???

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
One of the banks I visited during lunch today had a $20 Roll of large dollars.

I first asked the teller for halves. She told me she had $70 so I purchased them from her. I then asked her for "large Eisenhower dollar coins". She gave me a confused look and told me that they only had gold dollars with the "lady" on them. Only when I explained to her what an Ike dollar was did she remember that she had a roll in her safe. I purchased the roll hoping it would include a Peace and/or Morgan. Unfortunately it only included clad Ikes. A few 1976 and other random dates in the 70s.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see how anyone can make a profit from selling common-dated circulated Ikes on eBay. I just checked and most auctions for a single Ike Dollar ended at at around $1.30-$1.80. It doesn't seem worth all the trouble after eBay and PayPal fees. I hope I'm wrong and you're right because I'm sitting on $20 of clad Ikes that I don't want to hang on to. It'll be great if I can make a profit but I'll just take them back to the bank if not.

After fees, I average $1.25/each on eBay. I could net the same off CL, but I don't want to bother with all the freaks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread