Bahamas permits

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
S

spelunker

Mariner
I confirmed that yes, a permit was issued to a gentleman in Florida but is or was very hush hush until he started showing it to others in the salvage world. News sure does travel quickly in this profession. More to be issued in the near future, hopefully one for myself.

S

spelunker

To whom it may concern
Before the implosion, I had a couple of responses to my posted topic "Bahama permits" .
Please respond again if you would please.
Thanks

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Spelunker, I posted a reply to your topic but it disappeared! Yes the Bahamian govt. started issuing permits about a year ago. The terms have changed. They now want 50% of anything recovered. I talked with a guy that got a permit to work the San Salvador area and he said it took six months and he had to pay off a lot of govt. officials. Check out his web site for more details: http://www.oldcharter.com. I'm thinking about getting a permit to work the Memory Rock area this summer. My partner worked there for over 15 years and he was Bob Marx's partner there. He knows where to look.

abacopirate

Jan 18, 2006
Abaco, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
whites,excaliber,pulsestar2
make sure your ducks are all in a row. While we were in the southern Bahamas recentely, 13 people were detained and ship and equiptment seizeed for working with out a permit near Marayasnga. Sorry about the spelling delet key not working.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread