OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Where did you hear that from Old Man?

bikerlawyer, I believe you visited the well known attorney in Key West last summer. If you call that attorney I am sure he will either confirm or deny my post. I don't want to get anyone in trouble if I spoke out of turn. Let's just say that I got a call from Key West this morning and leave it at that.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bahamian waters are beautiful and clear. I wish I was joining on a trip to hunt those waters.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post brought up a conversation with a "solid" applicant that I talked with on Christmas Eve, he said that no permits have been issued yet (as of a "few days" ago) but they should be very soon.

There's going to be 5 private sector salvors and 1 educational institution very happy!

Douglas Beach Wreck was fairly clear and pretty chilly today, sure would be nice to dive that clear warm water and find some treasure!

Patrimony

May 30, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post brought up a conversation with a "solid" applicant that I talked with on Christmas Eve, he said that no permits have been issued yet (as of a "few days" ago) but they should be very soon.

There's going to be 5 private sector salvors and 1 educational institution very happy!

Douglas Beach Wreck was fairly clear and pretty chilly today, sure would be nice to dive that clear warm water and find some treasure!

I hope you are right although information received a few days ago from our Bahamian legal counsel which in turn was related to him directly in the course of face to face conversations at the ministerial level of government during meetings late last week with several of the individuals all of whom, if this ever happened, would be jointly signing such licenses along with the PM, entirely controverts the above information. While the AMMC may have its wish list the barrister was in fact categorically informed that on the subject of the actual issuing of said licenses any time soon that it has been and remains one of the lowest priorities of the new government and nothing in that regard is seen changing during 2013 either.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions