• BakhtarRadar example volumetric imaging 1.JPG
    BakhtarRadar example volumetric imaging 1.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 542
OP
OP
D

davidbakhtar

Jun 28, 2007
There is a marine platform in which the equipment is borne by 2 zodiacs, usually towed by a mother ship. It's not a handheld and must be operated by our crew on a service contract.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I now recall a similar thread existed about three years ago wherein 'ping' asked a Q that I don't find as having been answered; was it?

Re: BakhtarRadar
Reply To This Topic #9 Posted Aug 02, 2007, 01:36:52 PM

"This is very interesting technology for land. Thank you for your information.

For marine use however, nothing that is RF based can work. Water absorbs all frequencies of RF energy completely. Only a few inches of range would be possible at the operating frequencies the system uses."
Don....

OP
OP
D

davidbakhtar

Jun 28, 2007
Yes, we have a way to make it work on water and have done multiple successful marine demos for the US military which are classified. However, we can arrange for retired military officials involved with the demos to vouch for the tech and are happy to show proof at our lab in Newport Beach, Ca., to any interested parties who fit the following criteria:
1. US citizen
2. Not affiliated with any foreign government or foreign defense contractor
3. Professional, serious treasure hunter.

ping

Apr 6, 2005
Vancouver BC
This guy has been peddling this 'top secret technology' for years. I asked for a simple explanation of the principles involved, because I am extremely skeptical. Show me one, single paper published on this technology that supports the claims. Oh, I'm a physicist by the way, and I'm pretty difficult to fool.

Nothing came out of it.

The basic physics are as you point out. RF waves are absorbed by seawater. Therefore, anything that uses RF waves won't work underwater. Why do you think submarines use sonar instead of radar? It's pretty simple. The guy claims it doesn't use RF but some 'new' principle that has no academic citations whatsoever.

I call bullshit.

ping

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BakhtarRadar: Non-Invasive Exploration and Sub-Surface Imaging
Friday, August 31, 2007

BakhtarRadar represents a new generation in GPR. Originally developed by Dr. Khosrow Bakhtar under the U.S. Air Force Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) program to detect buried ordnance, it is now available for mining and tunneling applications for the first time.

BakhtarRadar can be used for volumetric imaging of subsurface deposits, other forms of underground anomaly definition and water exploration. Using a newly invented principle called "Forced Resonance," it offers much higher resolution and enhanced signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), facilitating ease of analysis and discrimination as compared to conventional GPR-- and in 4D.

[Photo courtesy of Bakhtar Associates] Depth of penetration isup to, and even exceeding, 600 ft. (depending on antenna design). There are no limitations with respect to soils, lithology or degree of saturation of the geologic materials.

BakhtarRadar uses a ground-based system in which the antennae are pulled via a small tractor. The ground surface must therefore be sufficiently level as to permit the tractor to negotiate the surface and corners. Ground interrogation is triggered with a high resolution Global Positioning System (GPS), allowing transfer of the location coordinates onto any GIS system for site planning.

The technology is available through a service contract. The company will consider joint ventures in some cases.

Bakhtar Associates, a Small Physical Research and Development company located in Newport Beach California.

Organizational Interests:
Development of myriad mission specific electronic identification systems in support of our nations
security

Highlights:
Development of three prototype man portable & deployable systems for the detection of SNM in
shielded containers. (This program currently suspended due to budget cut backs)

Currently working towards automated "near real time" (2 to 3 second delay) Stand-Off Explosive
Detection". Recent feasibility / proof-of-concept testing showed ability to detect energetics in near real
time, at a distance of 11 meters,while being carried by individuals. (Project Status is ongoing

Subsurface Anomaly Detection & Location
Subsurface anomaly detection utilizing a propriitary "Forced Resonance" technology developed by
Bakhtar Associates. We have provided support to numerous entities within the US government for
subsurface detection. The unique "Forced Resonance" technology associated with a CoTS differential
GPS assist in determining anomaly existence, location, & depth with respect established reference points
place on the surface. System is capable of tunnel detection to tens of meters. Additional developed
software and post processing can produce 3-D image reconstruction of identified underground anomalies
as shown below. Data utilized to construct this image was taken from actual operational employment of
the EarthRadar.

For more information, please contact:
David Steinman
Bakhtar Associates
PO Box 494
Bronxville, NY 10708-0494,
U. S. A.
(914) 237- 6533
http://www.bausa.org/

The last time your website has been updated was Thursday, May 11, 2006.

No new good news?

Attachments

• BakhtarRadar.jpg
    BakhtarRadar.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 420
OP
OP
D

davidbakhtar

Jun 28, 2007
Ping:

We filed the patent last June and could not publish until this was done. Now we will publish in the coming months.

In the meantime, if you would like an explanation of how BakhtarRadar works, please email me at [email protected] and I will send you some details.

ping

Apr 6, 2005
Vancouver BC
I did yesterday speak to Dr Bakhtar about his system. Although I remain not entirely convinced until I can witness the system in operation, there does seem to be something to it. I may have been overly dismissive.

I will re-post here when I get more conclusive information.

Cheers
Ping

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread