BANG BANG!

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this little guy. I can't tell if it is real or not but it seems to be. The guys at work pointed out that if it is a toy it is awfully detailed including the cylinder pin ect. Some say an old .22 boot pistol. Real or not, I think it is dang cool anyway :) Feel free to weigh in on your thoughts. Sorry about the lighting. My main light I use is blown and I had to improvise. I took the best pics I could for everyone here. Enjoy!!

CAM_0085.JPG CAM_0086.JPG

CAM_0087.JPG CAM_0088.JPG

CAM_0089.JPG CAM_0090.JPG

CAM_0091.JPG CAM_0092.JPG

Upvote 24
Wow....... killer find my friend....ha ha. Working lots lately so haven't gotten to say "hey". Congrats :tongue3:

Good to see someone in Pa can still get out:notworthy:Neat find!:thumbsup:

if the outside of the cylinder is smooth, it could be a Robin Hood #1, .22 cal.

I know its hard to tell from a picture sometimes, but my first thought was the bore looks a little big for a .22. I think you nailed it with the .32.

Love it Beeps, looks too good, to clean. Has more character the way it is !!!

Looks real, cool find!

I know its hard to tell from a picture sometimes, but my first thought was the bore looks a little big for a .22. I think you nailed it with the .32.

when looking at pictures of the .22 vs. the .32, two differences are very obvious.... the .22 cylinder is shorter than the .32, and the outside of the .22 cylinder is smooth whereas the .32 has the indentions between each bore. it is so rusty and crusty it is hard to tell the features from the pictures, and even harder to tell just by looking at the barrel. I believe the .32 was a 5 shot, whereas the .22 was a 7 shot, so that should help ID it pretty easily. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I am afraid to clean it...but I dont want it to disintegrate. I also think there is 7 shots now that I blew the cylinder out with an air hose

It's beyond cleaning, would probably make it worse. Best thing to do is to soak in olive oil to prevent further rusting. I'd give it a soak, wipe it off, and put it on display. Nice find.

Wow, awesome find! Congrats and HH!

Yea, yippee, and hooray. High-fives, all the way around!

Sweet digs! That's an incredible find. Congrats!

It's beyond cleaning, would probably make it worse. Best thing to do is to soak in olive oil to prevent further rusting. I'd give it a soak, wipe it off, and put it on display. Nice find.

How long of a soak? I am good at cleaning things, however...this is my first gun. I want to be extra careful.

Very awesome find my friend. The history behind the gun would be a good one.

HH and thanks for sharing,

Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back