Bank account Denied!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry but that doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Is this in the US? What is your Visa/Immigration status? Some banks may be more flexible than others, what bank was this and what forms of ID did you present?

Bigheed

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry but that doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Is this in the US? What is your Visa/Immigration status? Some banks may be more flexible than others, what bank was this and what forms of ID did you present?

Bigheed

County...not country. And no, I've never heard of that before.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did. Usually very tiny community banks with just a few branches.

OP
OP
dustytrails123

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was born here in the us i had 2 forms of id and cash in my pocket...i was astonished when i was told no because i lived to far away from the bank ...it was a local state credit union ....im going to call the branch manager to see what they have to say about it on monday....

OP
OP
dustytrails123

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a bank in arcadia wisconsin ...home of ashley furniture and well known for hiring illegal hispanic workers there was atleast 20 in the bank while i was there that didnt speak any english at all ...yet they live in the county and can bank there? lol wth

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is quite a big difference between banks and credit unions. Banks ask if you are a customer. CUs ask if you are a member. Joining a Credit Union means you are part of a union and of course there are requirements to meet. For example, college X CU, you must be an alumni or current students or faculty of college X to join. In some area, teacher's CU only has teachers as member. I can't join even there is a branch around my home. However, in this economy, most credit unions have relaxed their requirements. More member means better off.

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Credit unions usually deal with communities...There is one down the road from me that will only take folks within a 20 mile radius...

HH,

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how the CU's around here operate. I am in Wisconsin as well and a couple of the CU's require you to either be a resident or work within the county. I think it is their way of keeping their company focused on the members and not getting too big for itself, or whatever line of BS they tell you. I wonder if it has anything to do with laws regulating how CU's operate?

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I joined a CU last month and the only requirement was that you lived or worked in the County.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
I was born here in the us i had 2 forms of id and cash in my pocket...i was astonished when i was told no because i lived to far away from the bank ...it was a local state credit union ....im going to call the branch manager to see what they have to say about it on monday....
A credit union is not a bank. Credit unions can have criteria for people to become members, such as living within a certain area; banks cannot have any such requirements.

Credit Union <> Bank

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oops I was tired and misread that....my bad, sorry OP !

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Strange, I live in Texas and my Credit Union is in New York. I am not part of the CU through any company or orginzation just on my own. Also my parents bank with a credit union in the county I live in but they live almost an hour away in a diffderent city and county.

Wonder if it is based on the CU itself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread