BANK CHARGE FOR BOXES

keemao

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visiting out here in So. Cal. until tomorrow. Was at the local WF branch where my mom has her accounts getting some papers Medallion stamped for the trust. The girl doing it is the vault teller. So I was talking about I had thought about ordering some boxes of halves to search while I was out here but decided not to since all the banks have all this thick plexiglass around everything cause they are afraid of being robbed. She said they had so many people coming in there getting boxes of rolled coins they charge now..$3 a box for halves. I have 4 boxes that will be waiting for me Wed after I get back to NC at my local WF branch who has been very nice about ordering stuff for me so I'll see if they want to start charging me. I try to spread out my dump so I don't give them back to them all the time since they prefer them rolled and then have to hand count them...yikes!! I suspect they measure a few of the rolls in their little gizmos that they use and just make sure all the rolls are the same. But.....I guess charging out here has discouraged CRH at their branch.

Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keemao said:
Visiting out here in So. Cal. until tomorrow. Was at the local WF branch where my mom has her accounts getting some papers Medallion stamped for the trust. The girl doing it is the vault teller. So I was talking about I had thought about ordering some boxes of halves to search while I was out here but decided not to since all the banks have all this thick plexiglass around everything cause they are afraid of being robbed. She said they had so many people coming in there getting boxes of rolled coins they charge now..$3 a box for halves. I have 4 boxes that will be waiting for me Wed after I get back to NC at my local WF branch who has been very nice about ordering stuff for me so I'll see if they want to start charging me. I try to spread out my dump so I don't give them back to them all the time since they prefer them rolled and then have to hand count them...yikes!! I suspect they measure a few of the rolls in their little gizmos that they use and just make sure all the rolls are the same. But.....I guess charging out here has discouraged CRH at their branch.

Consider yourself lucky they misquoted the cost. It's 7.50 p/box or .15 a roll.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You never ever dump where you eat. You are extremely lucky they have not cut you off yet.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
You shouldn't have to even buy your coins. My tellers search them for me, and sell me the silver at face. They do 25 boxes a day.

OP
OP
K

keemao

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, unfortunately for me, some of the tellers at my local branch search for silver and keep it and don't offer it to me. But I dump where I get them sometimes.and the vault teller does not mind. But than again, I am not psycho like some of y'all and only order maybe once a month to keep them from being crazy handling the boxes for me. If they get to the point where it becomes a problem then I will worry about it. But I just bough my "kiss ass" gift to give the people at the branch when I get home and go in Wed to get my boxes. I strive to keep them happy.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, unfortunately for me, some of the tellers at my local branch search for silver and keep it and don't offer it to me. But I dump where I get them sometimes.and the vault teller does not mind. But than again, I am not psycho like some of y'all and only order maybe once a month to keep them from being crazy handling the boxes for me. If they get to the point where it becomes a problem then I will worry about it. But I just bough my "kiss ass" gift to give the people at the branch when I get home and go in Wed to get my boxes. I strive to keep them happy.

Facepalm

YOU NEVER DUMP WHERE YOU BUY, EVEN IF THE TELLER SAYS ITS FINE.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
AND HE SHOULD KNOW. JUST ASK HIM WHAT HAPPENS...

I decided to turn my pickup bank to a dump bank.. and then after being charged I filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Buerau and my account, and my dads were closed.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to turn my pickup bank to a dump bank.. and then after being charged I filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Buerau and my account, and my dads were closed.

Was there a lesson learned in all of this?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread