Bank gives up silver..

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is something to think about, how much is the silver price heading for. The price of a silver dime is 22 times face here in Canada. If I had a pile of silver, I think I would be very happy. A friend of mine walks into his bank the other day and he inquires to see if they might have any older silver coins. The bank teller mentions that they have 120 silver half dollars, he says he will take them all, how much do you want for each coin, .50 cent each. :icon_thumleft: He pays $60.00 for the coins, he sells five at $8.50 each. The buyer grades the coins which are from the 40s &50s, he finds a couple that are worth 40-50 dollars each. My friend takes the other coins to a dealer, he walks out with over a thousand dollars, not to bad for $60.00. I don't think the bank teller had any idea what just happened. I think it is funny that a bank gave away so much money. My friend is smiling all the way to the bank. :laughing7: Brian C.

Upvote 0

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Native1858 said:
For once the customer [x]===>'s the bank.

lmao....this story is the best news I've heard all week!!!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread