Bank Halfs (some luck but not as good as last week)

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any silver is a successful hunt. There have been several times where I have purchased 2 boxes only to be skunked on everything (silver, proofs, double dies, etc) and would have been ecstatic if I had 1 40% as the last coin. I guess over the years myself and anyone in my area have pretty much gotten all the easy stuff and instead of averaging 5+ 90% and 50+ 40% each box I am lucky to get 1 90% and 10 40% per two boxes. But they are still out there, and here in a couple of months I will be taking a couple of road trips, and I am going to schedule them so I can go thru the small town in the middle of the day during the week so I can stop at the banks. From the results I see on other folks stopping in the out of the way towns than might be the way to go now. HH

minelab rick

Jul 1, 2006
Charlottesville, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
New to coinroll hunting, bought $300.00 worth yesterday with no luck other than being able to add 2 coins missing from my whitworth book.

Not sure how to spot the double dies. Could someone describe what to look for or better yet, a picture is worth a thousand words.

OP
OP
kalpinro

kalpinro

May 25, 2006
Wayne1956, I agree with you, that is why I posted it the way I did. I had a terrible string of bad luck earlier in June 4.5 boxes + nothing... I never have found more than 24 or 27 40%ers or more than 5 90%ers in one box.... I am still waiting for my first Walker. My buddy who got me introduced to this got 5 barbers in one of his boxes. WOW :)

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Rick, not to put you off, but I would suggest that you scroll thru the back messages on this forum. There are lots of photos and links to web sites that will tell you exactly what to look for. If you want to do some reading you might try to find a copy of The Cherry Pickers Guide. It only covers up to 5 cents but has a great section on what causes double dies and what they look like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions