Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With Monday being Vet's day & banks closed, I stacked up a little extra for three nights of date searching dimes. So far this week I've got 9 Rosie's on 5 boxes, and picked up another 8 boxes plus one bag($500) to keep me busy now that it gets dark so darn early. I will keep you all posted with this large box quantity

good luck Dozer. Got 5 box skunk streak right now.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Did I read this post right, you date search your dimes?

Yes, I date search every box. Many times I could have overlooked some badly dark stained rims that may have passed as clad. Also have picked up a few "S" proofs to boot. For another reason, I'm saving all the 2009-P & D's that come across, only because of the low mintage and an old hunch I have that they may become silent sleepers as semi-key dates, to be given all to my 12-grandchildren when my time is up.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I date search every box. Many times I could have overlooked some badly dark stained rims that may have passed as clad. Also have picked up a few "S" proofs to boot. For another reason, I'm saving all the 2009-P & D's that come across, only because of the low mintage and an old hunch I have that they may become silent sleepers as semi-key dates, to be given all to my 12-grandchildren when my time is up.

dawg, keep up the date searching it aint easy.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
With Monday being Vet's day & banks closed, I stacked up a little extra for three nights of date searching dimes. So far this week I've got 9 Rosie's on 5 boxes, and picked up another 8 boxes plus one bag($500) to keep me busy now that it gets dark so darn early. I will keep you all posted with this large box quantity

Results: probably the worse numbers in the two years of CRH. Out of the 12- boxes & 1- bag($500), I was only able to pull : 13- Rosie's, 1- Merc, and 1- canadian(1968@50%). I know it may seem to be a lot of work for only one ounce, but that's one more oz for the stack. My avg over 2- years is still at 1.5+ per box. Some of you guys may have better, some worse. HH

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh, by the way, of the14-boxes, 4 were smelly skunks. Where is the tomato juice!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions