• Leave it alone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
I actually did find some bank loot. The police were still looking for the suspect, so I flagged down a cop driving around and led him to it. They were very appreciative. One detective suggested I go to the bank to ask whether they gave rewards for recovered money.(approx. $10,000)
A few days later, I went to the bank that had been robbed and explained the recovery. The manager gave me a disgusted look and told me that they never offer such things. Well, thank you too, pal.....
One of the officers had jokingly said that I should grab a few bills from the stash as a reward. I should have taken him up on it.
I guess you know what my vote is. 8)

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
I will include a 6th option

"Donate to Odyssey because they need to pay a good lawyers"

Amona

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I voted option 5. Maybe 5 to 10 years would do. That's probably what they would give me anyway.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Found a bunch of counterfite once and turned it in (what else could I do with it)

Attachments

• Money 000_0421.jpg
    Money 000_0421.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 664
  • Money 000_0421.jpg
    Money 000_0421.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 653

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
LMAO, look at the results no one said charity LOL, well I would sure as hell not turn it in, someone returned 300,000 to a bank and got a $50 reward, they wanna be mean then ill be mean, LOL its not like they have the serial numbers on file, so I wont feel bad spending it, although I would give some to charity and never put it in a bank LOL, the feds would want to know, I would just split it up between family and friends, and when christmas came around i would make a trip to those salvation army cans and drop in some gold coins!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
beavis said:
I voted option 5. Maybe 5 to 10 years would do. That's probably what they would give me anyway.

Ditto - except for the time thing...they will never take me alive...hahaha.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
One time I went to an ATM and requested $20.00. When the machine spit out the CRISP new 20s ($40.00) I decided I would take the money to the bank on Monday (happened on a Saturday night).

So Monday at 9 AM I walked into the bank thinking I was doing something good and right. The manager walks over to me and says, "It's a good thing you turned this in because we would have tracked it down and you would have been arrested for BANK ROBBERY!!" What an idiot. Anyway I did the right thing and in the end that is all that matters.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
TEXAN Connection said:
Thats Crazy -Heres some money, then yell Thief, I think id change banks.

I forgot to mention that's exactly what I did. I walked over to a teller's window, pulled out all but $100 and closed the account a month later.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Codes said:
Keep my mouth shut and keep it.

Yea... maybe... probebly... I selected the last option because there are too many variables. Seven years is the statute of limitations... right? I dunno...

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take option 4 please

LJHanley06

Aug 19, 2006
If the cache was older...before I was born (1964)...I would keep it...sell the notes a little at a time, etc...

If it were newer...what denominations? Sequencial serial numbers, etc...would cause some issues if you were to spend it, put in in circulation...Uncle Sugar would be knocking on your door.

Small bills, etc...I would stash in the safe and spend accordingly.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Keep it . Inspect every bill for consecutive serial #s and traces of dye . Shuffle bills to break up sequence and spend in small incerments at county fairs and carnivals to get clean change .
That dyed stuff ? Well .......... the Salvation Army has to live , too . What entity is going to accuse them of being bank robbers during the holiday season . ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread