Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like the title reads, i went into my dump bank and was dumping my coins just like i do every tuesday and the manager came over to do a bag change and tells me that I'm money laundering lol.

I would hope they were joking....If Not you got some Morons at that bank.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
D

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
He was serious and told me not to tell anyone about what I'm doing. He said if his boss knew then it would be a problem lol.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Just like the title reads, i went into my dump bank and was dumping my coins just like i do every tuesday and the manager came over to do a bag change and tells me that I'm money laundering lol.

You should have asked, "What is the definition of money laundering?"
Either the manager doesn't understand what your are doing or doesn't know the definition!

I got this from the wikipedia article on money laundering (1st paragraph):

Money laundering is the process whereby the proceeds of crime are transformed into ostensibly legitimate money or other assets.[SUP][1][/SUP] However in a number of legal and regulatory system the term money laundering has become conflated with other forms of financial crime, and sometimes used more generally to include misuse of the financial system, including terrorism financing, tax evasion and evading of international sanctions. Most anti-money laundering laws openly conflate money laundering (which is concerned with source of funds) with terrorism financing (which is concerned with destination of funds) when regulating the financial system

So, to engage in CRH money laundering you would have to;
1) Use the proceeds of a crime to fund your CRHing (after selling a kilo of coke, you take the money and pick up boxes of halves)
2) Use your coins to finance a crime. (I dumped my coins at a bank and then wired the money to Al-Qaeda)

So whick one of these are you up to?

Last edited:

Manhunter

May 13, 2014
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, this happened to me last Saturday at a Chase bank. I wanted to deposit $400 cash into my wife's account so she would have some spending money while out of town. They told me they do not take cash deposits due to money laundering issues, unless I was named on my wife's account. Since when did banks quit taking good ole cold hard cash and coins. I can understand making a withdrawal, but a deposit???? I had to go to a local store and get a money order, ....., they took that without any problem then told me there is a 3 day hold on it lol.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally management doesn't like people like us. I don't lie when asked why i have so many coins but if they don't ask, why tell them what you do?

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Minelab Equinox 800 and 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did some money laundering last night. I ran all of my clad through the rock tumbler,

tyler2277

Mar 3, 2014
Chicago suburbs
Primary Interest:
Other
Man hunter, my younger brother also has a chase account. He goes to college about 5 hours away now. If he calls and needs money for something it's a real pain since I can't just go deposit some cash for him. I don't really get it. Bank of America still let's you deposit in other peoples account though.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You should have asked, "What is the definition of money laundering?"
Either the manager doesn't understand what your are doing or doesn't know the definition!

I got this from the wikipedia article on money laundering (1st paragraph):

Money laundering is the process whereby the proceeds of crime are transformed into ostensibly legitimate money or other assets.[SUP][1][/SUP] However in a number of legal and regulatory system the term money laundering has become conflated with other forms of financial crime, and sometimes used more generally to include misuse of the financial system, including terrorism financing, tax evasion and evading of international sanctions. Most anti-money laundering laws openly conflate money laundering (which is concerned with source of funds) with terrorism financing (which is concerned with destination of funds) when regulating the financial system

So, to engage in CRH money laundering you would have to;
1) Use the proceeds of a crime to fund your CRHing (after selling a kilo of coke, you take the money and pick up boxes of halves)
2) Use your coins to finance a crime. (I dumped my coins at a bank and then wired the money to Al-Qaeda)

So whick one of these are you up to?

Too bad the guys in office space had to settle for asking Orlando Jones. I think your definition would have helped them a bit more. Haha.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A bank employee accuses you of a federal offense that can include a fine of up to $500,000 and up to 20 years in federal prison and your response is LOL?

OP
OP
D

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
He laughed too. I told him its not but he told me that it is a form of money laundering and that banks really try to stop it. Whatever! Its perfectly legal.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
He was serious and told me not to tell anyone about what I'm doing. He said if his boss knew then it would be a problem lol.

The only problem I can see is when you sue the crap out of them,then its their problem:laughing7:

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He laughed too. I told him its not but he told me that it is a form of money laundering and that banks really try to stop it. Whatever! Its perfectly legal.

this was your previous quote "He was serious and told me not to tell anyone about what I'm doing. He said if his boss knew then it would be a problem lol."

so was he laughing or serious?

I know I wouldn't be laughing if someone accused me of something like this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions