Bank moves coin counter

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
your only course of action is to dump 10X the amount now. make them learn to the hard way to keep that counter in the lobby.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
dawg I agree make the tellers suffer. They were mean enough to move it away from you dump some more there!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
You might have been the reason they moved it CladSmoke. Sorry, I just couldn't resist!
killingme.gif

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
VPNavy is probably right. The only machines I've seen are behind the counters.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is wrong with you guys? "Make the tellers suffer," are you serious? It is most likely not the tellers who decided to do this, but instead the branch manager. Tellers are people too.. They have families and normally work long hours.. Some of the people here are not only incredibly inconsiderate but also just plain rude.. Try apologizing for the inconvenience and being extremely kind.. It will take you much further than trying to make people's lives harder..

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
What is wrong with you guys? "Make the tellers suffer," are you serious? It is most likely not the tellers who decided to do this, but instead the branch manager. Tellers are people too.. They have families and normally work long hours.. Some of the people here are not only incredibly inconsiderate but also just plain rude.. Try apologizing for the inconvenience and being extremely kind.. It will take you much further than trying to make people's lives harder..

Faith in humanity restored

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Faith in humanity restored

Haha but thats true. I would almost guess if those tellers see you in there all the time they wish it was still in the lobby too

Last edited:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What he said.

This new generation needs to get over their sense of entitlement & grow up. When are you people going to pull your heads out and realize that NO BANK and NO TELLER has to take your 50 million coins? They do it as a courtesy and are losing money by accommodating our hobby. Get over yourselves and have a little respect before you ruin the hobby for us all.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't feel bad bring in so much coinage. I bring in 6 to 8 hundred dollars worth of nickels and the tellers help me carry them in and behind the counter where their big counter is. The banks and credit unions I have gone to haven't given me any grief for returning coin. That's what they are there for, that's their job. Just remember as there are snippy tellers and snippy customers, just give them a grain of salt and a warm smile will get you real far in the world.

Sincerely, GarouLady

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
My regular dump bank moved their coin counter from the lobby to behind the counter. Now I feel even worse bringing in so much coin since they have to carry it to the back. Booooooo

My regular moved their coin counter from behind the counter to the front so I could do my own coins :D

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought his was going to be a store of what was UNDER NEIGH the old coin counter! may to mislead us! :P cheers!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Listen to this advice. This will not get you cut off.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
your only course of action is to dump 10X the amount now. make them learn to the hard way to keep that counter in the lobby.

That's actually how to get fees/ get your account shut

Why would they learn from their mistakes? They didn't even make a mistake they just moved the machine. At least he still gets to use it because those tellers are nice enough to put up with him running thousands of dollars of halves in the machine and they have to carry it.

He could just simply ask the tellers why it was moved?

Last edited:

drewbaccas

Mar 8, 2013
My advice would be to spread your dumps out to more banks. With the coin counter no longer in front you are going to stick out and be remembered. Once you stick out as the guy with the large coin dump its only a matter of time before you get cutoff or limited to the amout of coin they will accept. Imo

Drewbaccas

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
they screwed mr clad, last person to even try something like that, wound up in the back of an ambulance. folks I dont think this bank is going to be around by the time Mr.Clad is done paying them back.

OP
OP
CladSmoke

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This bank is only one of about 6 banks I use to dump. It's just the closest one. They know me there and are always nice. I might see if its better for them if I just bring in already counted bags of $200 so it's less work for them. The only problem with that is how long it will take to credit my account.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread