Bank run silver and an extra long roll.

Teknowaffle

May 9, 2011
So I have recently gotten into coin searching, and have gone through about 3k in coins in the past month, with most of my luck being in dimes, though last weekend was 1500 in dimes, and only 1-64.

So today I hit up a bank in the supermarket for 100 in quarters and 60 in dimes.

As she pulled out the dimes, they were in a green metal counting tray, and I remembered that I had dumped a 500 dollar box here a few weeks ago, and there was no way that my dimes had moved out, so I was going to get them again.

So I took them, and figured I would just dump them again, but of course I checked, and what do you know. 2 silvers. If I hadn't been on my lunch, I would have gone back and bought them all.

Then I noticed that a roll of dimes was way longer than the others, and it was over by 5 dimes. Diet coke from the work machine, here I come.

Upvote 0

frankiefry

May 16, 2010
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV, Ace 250, Tesoro Silver uMax
The only tip I can give you is this....if you are going to buy CWR's from a bank you also dump at, then you had better start putting some kind of mark on YOUR rolls so you know if you are getting them back. I guess that 'long' roll means that someone can't count as well as see the silver. That's certainly better than some rolls I've gotten with a penny in the middle and 3-5 dimes short. Cheaters just burn me up! Good Luck on your future hunts. : )

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Hi I do lot of dimes if clear wrap put a little masking tape on them if full box mark the box and cwr rolls mark with a marker find a nice head teller who will take all your dumps and pick up from another bank . happy huntig Ron

OP
OP
Teknowaffle

Teknowaffle

May 9, 2011
frankiefry said:
The only tip I can give you is this....if you are going to buy CWR's from a bank you also dump at, then you had better start putting some kind of mark on YOUR rolls so you know if you are getting them back. I guess that 'long' roll means that someone can't count as well as see the silver. That's certainly better than some rolls I've gotten with a penny in the middle and 3-5 dimes short. Cheaters just burn me up! Good Luck on your future hunts. : )

These were all BWRs in clear wrapping. The long roll was also a BWR. just got lucky I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions