Bank searching today

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, after 2 boxes of dimes..(found 7 misc silver), I decided to check in with a few banks. No halves and nothing interesting.

I was on my way to pick up my son when I noticed an (un-named bank name here) on my left. I turned the truck around and stopped in to see what they had. I asked about half dollars. The young person working at the desk said they do not keep that type of coin on hand because they have a coin machine.

It was at that time my mine jumped! A new dump bank?!!!

He then proceeded to tell me I could buy the bag from the machine when it was full. I asked how full it was and he said he would check. Afer a minute he came back and said that it was 3/4 full. I asked if they get a lot of people using the machine to cash in halves. He said only customers dropping off, but no major dumps. He also said that the bag had been in there a very long time.

I told him I wanted the bag!!! LOL

While we were talking another employee stopped to talk. She said the bag may be able to be removed early and the counter reset. The other person at the desk said they would work on getting that bag out for me tomorrow.

YES!

Who knows...maybe this will be a real winner?!!!

Well...back to my 3rd box of dimes.

Upvote 0

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope it's $750 worth of 1964s!!
That being 3/4.. lol
But really...It could be a great score! Keep us posted!
HH

OP
OP
Novapax

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I sure hope so. I guess if they cant pull the bag early, I can just fill it up with some clads I have here. LOL

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha well at least you will dream about a big sack of coins tonight, got somethingt o look forward to tomorrow. Good luck an pull some keepers. Cant wait to hear the luck

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1st bag i ever got.Was the 1st halfs i ever got the bag was 3/4 full so i filled it then paid the balance wow $640 in silver. It was my 1st post on here. I hope it works out!!

OP
OP
Novapax

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
While picking up the bag at the bank, they told me it wasnt as full as they thought. Turns out that its just over half full. Good news to me...the wife wasnt happy I took money out of savings to CRH. LOL

I found:

1 - 64

6 - misc 40%ers

Not bad...oh and a president dollar coin was also in my bag. Cool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread