Bank wrapped rolls on Ebay......OMG!!

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Heh... guess since the banks don't want to take them back, he had to find another way to get rid of all those rolls.

I'm seriously doubtful that he's selling them "unsearched" too, although he's making a pretty good profit off them as advertised.

Wonder how many fools are actually going to buy them?

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
The only part of the listing that seems a bit far fetched is when he says he got these at an estate sale. The photos are sure misleading but he does say this picture is not of actual rolls and that there is no way to know what is in each roll as they are all machine rolled. So, I guess he gets a box and just lists 3 rolls with no idea on contents. Now if someone gets the rolls and they have been resealed after he has gone through then that is another thing. Anyone can tell if a roll has been opened and resealed vs machine rolled.

Bottom line is this - - If anyone knows anything about CRH, they would never dream of bidding on something like this. I am amazed to see that 3 rolls are going for that much over cost. You are right - There is one born every minute, but I would not say he is ripping anyone off. He is not telling people they will find silver guaranteed. I would call it a bit shady as he certainly is wordy with his listing and telling people everything they COULD find.

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I uh... dont see the profit or the concern here. I do see where 1 roll sold for 21.95 which is silly obviously but I see another roll that sold for 12.95 which = crap after fees. Another 2 rolls that sold for 21.95 that is a loss after fees and the current auction at 38$ for 3 rolls = $3 profit after fees. Unless folks find some silver in those rolls, which you and I know is 100% not going to happen as any roll hunter is pulling it and rerolling, his feedback wont be helpful and return buyers wont happen either.

The part I like is where he will try to make sure there is at least a toned coin on the end so they get something special at least. This is a dead giveaway these are rewraps. But I have 0 problem with this auction if he wants to try to do it. Its his reputation on the line afterall.

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010
from the prices of past sale's,he would do better searching them! He barely sells them for the gas money.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess ebay is one heck of a dump bank and getting a profit to boot. Even if he isn't using ebay as a dump bank but just selling the rolls he buys and unsearched he's doing good. He probably makes more than what he finds in the rolls. Good luck to him.

Go to the bank, buy a couple of boxes, sell them on ebay to armchair CRH'rs for a small profit to buy your silver with, not bad. :thumbsup: Wish I had thought of it.
I also don't see where he ripping people off, he's also telling people they might not find any silver and their taking a chance just like anyother CRH (but he's not using that term). The only draw back is the people on ebay don't have the knowledge as we do on this forum and if the only knew they could go to the bank and buy them.

He's only a slease bag if he has searched them first before selling. Just my thoughts.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More than likely he's weighing his rolls, and selling any that weigh under 225 grams (very unlikely to have even a 40% in it).

HH

Nick

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
got the roll....all circulated Kennedys...1971D and up....unsearched????

as feedback... this won't last long... the seller can enjoy it while it lasts though

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
d2arcing said:
got the roll....all circulated Kennedys...1971D and up....unsearched????

as feedback... this won't last long... the seller can enjoy it while it lasts though
Easily legit; sounds like the typical clad roll....these kind of auctions have been going on for a long time.

Felixaaron

Jan 1, 2011
I saw this a while back and felt bad for people buying with high hopes. I wished I could post something to warn them.

on another note, I run pennies through homemade sorter and got 2 full boxes of 2010 pennies. Not being excited to take them back to the bank, i checked ebay. The boxes are selling for a lot more than face with shipping. I'm considering selling them, but have hesitated because anyone could order $500 in pennies from a bank and find a box like mine..

Maybe i will keep them for 50 years since its a small investment.

silver62

Feb 1, 2011
AVE MARIA, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Blisstool
Its a good thing that you help keep the masses informed, please don't stop !
As for all the scamers it gets sorted out in the end, Good things happen to good people and bad things for bad people.
Thank you for keeping us informed.
HH
Tom :icon_thumleft:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
silver62 said:
Its a good thing that you help keep the masses informed, please don't stop !
As for all the scamers it gets sorted out in the end, Good things happen to good people and bad things for bad people.
Thank you for keeping us informed.
HH
Tom :icon_thumleft:
Where's the scam? What about common sense? Who's forcing anyone to bid- looks like the seller won a whopping $10!

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I've seen auctions like that before. You might be able to pull it off a few times but not in the long run. Typically someone will write in about not getting silver or anything good and it'll hurt your sales. On something like that, you'd have to add silver occasionally to keep some of the buyers happy. Feebay is horrible on sellers. Anyone can buy anything and give a negative that can't be taken away. Some sellers have even refunded the buyer's money back and they still got negative feedback. Feebay refuses to take it off.

It's really not worth it on this type of auction. Remember Feebay charges 9% final value fee + 3% forced Paypal fees which equals to 12% total fees. With all the work in packaging it and gas to drop it off at the post office, you wouldn't make too much.

I just don't think it's right to sell these rolls like that. I could do it but I don't. Although it is Feebay and people can sell whatever they want if they can stand the fees.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
It is funny that the seller states that he will include a bicentennial or a rainbow toned coin as though they are worth anything or something. He probably opened one roll and inserted a bicentennial or a clad blow torched produced rainbow toned coin and re-crimp wrapped it.

Who knows.. it could be one of the CRHers' on this forum :D

Didn't read all the posts on this thread until now but it's basically what JD-GA said.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too Funny !! :laughing9:

If you check his feedback he's buying half dollar wrappers, coinholders and display packs! Unsearched- you betcha !!

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:

If you check his feedback he's buying half dollar wrappers, coinholders and display packs! Unsearched- you betcha !!

LOL
check this feedback:

Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended.
Member id fastshipclothing ( Feedback Score Of 129760Red shooting star icon for feedback score in between 100,000 to 499,999)
Jan-13-11 13:26
-- (#170503573579) -- View Item

apperantly he bought a 40-pack of trojan condoms on ebay last month.

i'm not surprised, since he IS ass-raping his costumers..

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
yonico said:
calisdad said:

LOL
check this feedback:

Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended.
Member id fastshipclothing ( Feedback Score Of 129760Red shooting star icon for feedback score in between 100,000 to 499,999)
Jan-13-11 13:26
-- (#170503573579) -- View Item

apperantly he bought a 40-pack of trojan condoms on ebay last month.

i'm not surprised, since he IS ass-raping his costumers..

Hello???......was that necessary??....I bet you're a real treat to have a conversation with.......wow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread