Banks are failing me

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I am a college student and just found out my bank is going to charge me $9.99 for my personal checking account if I go and see a teller. I like the friendly service of my bank, but this is ridiculous! It is there new policy. Now the other main issue is that I have to submit everything electronically and keep a minimum balance of $25 in my checking account. The reason for that is so they can switch the $25 in my checking account and put it into savings, and then they said in order to not get the monthly fee charged, I would just have to put the $25 in from savings that was just transferred back into checking.

After that it's rinse and repeat. Currently I bank with Bank of America and have had no problems with them what so ever. I have had two accounts open because I like to make sure that my entertainment money is separated from my school money so I know how much I have to spend.

I want free checking! Why are banks getting to be a pain lately!!! I looked into BECU and thought that would be a good bank, but I here they have horrible customer service. Now with Bank of America, I feel they have excellent customer service and take care of all my problems. Not sure what I should do. I am a college student and only has money saved up from working summer jobs.

I am thinking the easiest thing for me to do is to keep the $25 in the checking and transfer it back and forth until a bank totally comes up with free everything. I would also cancel one of my accounts.

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
BB&T does the same thing once a month they transfer $25 from checking to savings so i transfer it back to checking once a month! Idk ive learned to live with it.

F

Felinepeachy

We use US Bank and we have free checking BUT they charge 25 cents for every single use of an atm. I counter that by only using it as visa.. I'm sure they'll think of another way to get us though LOL

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get free checks, free everything, along wtih no problems at ATM etc.

where the heck do ya'll live that you are getting taken? LOL

so far here banks are fighting for your biz and giving it away with no fees.
ya gotta move LOL LOL

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
I left BoA last year for that very reason.

Went to a local bank that didn't need any bailout money.

Saved $120 a year. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread