Banks: from cold to hot.

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why we keep playing the game! Wondering what's coming next.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't do the volume you do but I feel like my boxes have been kind of cold lately myself. I got another skunk box today so I think I've now found 9 keepers from my last 14 boxes. At least I'm finding a little so I'm not complaining - I just hope I can do a little better with my other 5 boxes this week. But I know it's like you say - hot and cold streaks are just part of the hobby. We just have to take the bad with the good and be thankful for what we are able to find. :)

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverFace said:
I don't do the volume you do but I feel like my boxes have been kind of cold lately. I got another skunk box today so I think I've now found 9 keepers from my last 14 boxes. At least I'm finding a little so I'm not complaining - I just hope I can do a little better with my other 5 boxes this week. But I know it's like you say - hot and cold streaks are just part of the hobby. We just have to take the bad with the good and be thankful for what we are able to find.

Have you tried probing some of the smaller regional banks? My best scores come from those, which is especially helpful for morale when the bigger banks are skunking.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
well, I've been having great luck with cwr's this year - so like I said I'm sure not complaining. And I've even had decent luck with boxes at the beginning of the year including my best box ever in Jan with 38 keepers (27 were 90%).

But one of my other banks in my area just switched carriers and they tell me they now get $1000 bags. I don't know if they have their info on this correct or not but I'm going to order a couple of those bags and see how they produce. I've ordered a few $500 brinks bags in the past without any success but I'll see how these bags from this other carrier produce.

And I have considered opening another acct. or two to try my luck ordering from other banks. I guess I'll never know for sure till I try.

I guess I'm just hoping my boxes that I usually order from several different branches of the same bank will go back to hot or at least warm again like they were at the end of last year and earlier this year.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bags are very good most of the time. Very easy to check to. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions