Shave and a haircut.... March is off to a good start!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Picked up $200 in MWRs of dimes today hoping to get one or two silvers. Well..... I wasn't disappointed! Got a 1949P Roosevelt to start of only 3 or 4 rolls in. Next was a chance to check another item off my CRHing dream list, I almost missed it from the edge, but I check anything that isn't clearly clad. Glad I did! It had a little bit of a dirty rim, and I thought it was foreign at first. Closer examination revealed a 1909 Barber Dime with Fine details, but a little dirty. Next came two more Roosevelts: 1950 and 1954 both P mint. Usually I have been finding D mint coins here, but I'll take them all day long.

Very happy with my first finds for March. Sorry for the crappy picture. I need to get a better cell phone.....

HH :hello2:

Attachments

• Barber Dime - Copy.jpeg
    Barber Dime - Copy.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 955
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds Numisman, esp the Barber! :icon_thumright:

I found my first silver of the month earlier tonight - a '64 Rosie but you (& TGB) sure outdid (or outfound) me today.

Well you've now got me beat on oldest dime find too because I think we were both tied before today with a '24 Merc being our oldest dime finds. It won't be easy to match you on this find though - but I'll let you know f I ever do.

Good luck the rest of the month & HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread