Banks w/ Coin Sorting Machines

Lucky Jack

Jul 31, 2007
The only place I've seen one in central California is the Union Bank of California. I was going to open an account there to use the machine but the account manager said it was always breaking down and most people still had to roll their coins and take them to the counter. So I said no thanks to the new account and left.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
do you have a TD Bank near you?....they are formerly Commerce Bank....they have free coin counters in thier lobby and don't require an account. i have seen coin counters in other banks but only some of the branches of the same bank have them and others don't.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You can find that out by making calls....My tiny credit union has the best and one of the rare counters, free for a min balance of $5k, otherwise it's 3-5% for members. FFD

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Lucky Jack said:
The only place I've seen one in central California is the Union Bank of California. I was going to open an account there to use the machine but the account manager said it was always breaking down and most people still had to roll their coins and take them to the counter. So I said no thanks to the new account and left.

I use Union Bank all of the time and the machines do seem to breakdown a lot....Fortunately, I have about 10 local branches and if one machine is down I just go on to the next. ;D My problem is I usually fill up the machines! I've come up with a system that helps with that. I usually only fill up a machine (bag needs to be changed by a teller) at a branch every other visit. That way they don't hate me too much....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread