banks want it rolled or not hmm

zartan7779

Dec 3, 2006
new hampshire
Detector(s) used
a cheap $75.00 ebay one
OK well my bank that i have an account at has a coin machine and they do it and costs me nothing to do it but i had $53 in coin and don't wanna make them mad so i went to a different town and hit all 4 banks in town and only one had a machine and said they did not have enough staff to run the coin hmm. so i wondered do they have one or are they just being jerks about it

i did find a small town bank close to home that had one and was happy to do it . so to not look weird i took quarters and $5 in halfs well all of that was junk but figure my bank will like quarters better .

well ill keep trying but was wonderting if you guys had problem with banks like that ??

Another not my bank will unroll them if you bring them in rolled .

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of my dumps go to a bank in my town that has several branches. All of these branches have coin counters. It is a free service whether you have an account at that bank or not.

The reason they do not charge non-customers is because they want your coin. With all the coin they get from the general public they do not have to order any coin from the Fed which saves them money in the long run.

All of these coins go to the main branch where they are rolled/boxed and distributed to all branches in the southern portion of my state.

This bank is a CRH'ers dream for dumping coin!

OP
OP
zartan7779

zartan7779

Dec 3, 2006
new hampshire
Detector(s) used
a cheap $75.00 ebay one
thanks for the info

i at least have 2 good banks for now will look for more though

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
My bank said she can not distribute that many coins and has to put them in the counter. I use to roll them all but now she wants them lose. I take $5,000 in and they charge me $1.00 to run them. Works for me. I have a bunch of bank bags so as I go through the rolls I just dump what I don't want in the bag but i have a stack of extra half dollars to throw in to replace the ones I keep so I am taking full $500 bags in to her.

Thanks
Cat

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
I have to roll all of mine. There is no coin counter for the public on the WHOLE DANG ISLAND!! I only buy about 250 or so at a time, but that is alot of dimes and nickel rolls. I also have to write name and phone number on all of em. Sheesh. Also, not many halves here, but once in awhile I get lucky. Doesn't appear anyone is searching the dimes and nickels though. I got a merc and two rosies in the last box of dimes. Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack your post ;D
I wish we had a counter, would make my life so much easier.

HH
vegasmtl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread